SiouxSports.com Forum

2024-25 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

Berg and Livanavage on pre-season all-NCHC team:

Preseason all-NCHC team

F — Noah Laba, Colorado College, 30 votes (unanimous)
F — Jack Devine, Denver, 26 votes
F — Cameron Berg, North Dakota, 11 votes
D — Zeev Buium, Denver, 30 votes (unanimous)
D — Jake Livanavage, North Dakota, 25 votes
G — Kaidan Mbereko, Colorado College, 22 votes

Sounds like the pre-season media poll will be announced tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Media Poll Results
1. Denver-Yes, and don't worry, I'll pick them to win the national championship so they won't repeat.
2. UND-Which goalie will take the net and run with it is my question.
3. CC-Trending in the right direction.
4. SCSU-About right for them.
5. Omaha-If they played UND every game they'd be top 3.
6. Western-I think they finish higher with Hammer taking the net.
7. Duluth-How much longer is Sandy there?
8. ASU-My relatives are selling their AZ house near Mullett and moving to Florida which really screws up this road series for me......Time to get a college team at UCF.  
9. Miami-Right where they'll be for some time.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Media Poll Results
1. Denver-Yes, and don't worry, I'll pick them to win the national championship so they won't repeat.
8. ASU-My relatives are selling their AZ house near Mullett and moving to Florida which really screws up this road series for me......Time to get a college team at UCF.  

I like your mindset, @Wilbur. It worked for me last weekend against Montana. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Media Poll Results

Media poll is pretty darn close to what I had thought from my earlier post.
Except for UNO.  Media has them higher than where I think they end up.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Media Poll Results

Duluth is coming in with what may be the best freshman class in the country. By the time the conference games are started, those guys will have played some good teams for the first month of hockey and will be close to acclimated. That, combined with a healthy Dominic James means they will be playing at a higher clip than most expect and  I really don’t think they will finish as low as 7th. 

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Good luck getting the ASU tickets, ASU's website has none and Mullet Arena site is showing tickets. 

Zero standard tickets available for either game. Resale only.

15 hours ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

Duluth is coming in with what may be the best freshman class in the country. By the time the conference games are started, those guys will have played some good teams for the first month of hockey and will be close to acclimated. That, combined with a healthy Dominic James means they will be playing at a higher clip than most expect and  I really don’t think they will finish as low as 7th. 

I bought tickets last night for the Duluth series in Duluth. No pairs of tickets in the lower bowl for the Saturday night game, all single seats scattered.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I check it at 7 am and wasn’t surprised there wasn’t any tickets left. The resale tickets look like they went up in price.

Standard tickets for all ASU games went on sale at noon CT/1000 MT today for the general public.  Zero available either night of UND series.

13 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I check it at 7 am and wasn’t surprised there wasn’t any tickets left. The resale tickets look like they went up in price.

When it was in presale you could see what was available and there was basically nothing a couple weeks ago. 

I actually thought resale prices dropped. There’s some in the $200s now. Originally cheapest  when I first looked was $399. 

Just now, siouxforce19 said:

When it was in presale you could see what was available and there was basically nothing a couple weeks ago. 

I actually thought resale prices dropped. There’s some in the $200s now. Originally cheapest  when I first looked was $399. 

The $200 are the STO tickets that weren’t there last week when I was looking. 

2 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

$399 for 1 ticket?

33 minutes ago, Humboldt said:

A good article on Damien Goddard starting LetsGoDU. Love him or hate him, he elevated the DU hockey program and made the rivalry fun. 

https://letsgodu.com/2024/09/12/celebrating-20-years-of-damien-goddards-brainchild-letsgodu/

I think it was him who recently described the UND fans' exodus to watch a series at DU as "...their annual pilgrimage to civilization". Funny.

8 minutes ago, .357 said:

$399 for 1 ticket?

I think it was him who recently described the UND fans' exodus to watch a series at DU as "...their annual pilgrimage to civilization". Funny.

Yup, $399 is the cost of 1 ticket. 

Also heard the face value of a ticket to this game from the box office was pretty spendy. 

25 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Yup, $399 is the cost of 1 ticket. 

Also heard the face value of a ticket to this game from the box office was pretty spendy. 

How in the world do you guys afford such high prices?

How much does an average ticket at the Ralph cost (not when the Gophers are in town, but say an average team like WMU)?

3 minutes ago, .357 said:

How much does an average ticket at the Ralph cost (not when the Gophers are in town, but say an average team like WMU)?

I don’t lol. Some fans are more willing to pay these high prices but I’m not one of them. Most single game tickets at REA average around $40-50. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, .357 said:

The reality of being a fan of UND the best traveling fans in college hockey. If you look at the other games at ASU it’s way cheaper. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I don’t lol. Some fans are more willing to pay these high prices but I’m not one of them. Most single game tickets at REA average around $40-50. 

Drag the old lady with you, plus parking, food/drinks & it's probably close to $900 for a UND game at Mullett. It better be a resounding Sioux victory for that price.

27 minutes ago, cberkas said:

The reality of being a fan of UND the best traveling fans in college hockey. If you look at the other games at ASU it’s way cheaper. 

It’s definitely different out East. I went to the BU games last year and a 2 tickets for both games was $86 total! 

im going to the Cornell series so hopefully I have better luck getting decently priced tickets for that series than ASU. 

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Only one was our fanbase can stop this from happening... don't go. That's absolutely asinine.

So UND fans can gouge other UND fans and Gopher fans like last year and that's all good?

• Downvote 1