SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA tilt: UND vs the Maize and Blue

Oxbow6

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

What surprises me is how low expectations have become with this program.  Fans are good with this on a yearly basis now.  

People’s expectations aren’t low. But they’re not unreasonable either.

There are probably seven premier college hockey programs (BC, BU, MN, MI, WI, DU and UND). Only DU has won a title since our last. We were basically a top 5-6 team all year, when we had a lot of turnover. We have some very good recruits in the pipeline. Seems premature to jump off the bridge.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, SJHovey said:

There are probably seven premier college hockey programs (BC, BU, MN, MI, WI, DU and UND). Only DU has won a title since our last. We were basically a top 5-6 team all year, when we had a lot of turnover. We have some very good recruits in the pipeline. Seems premature to jump off the bridge.

i think alot of the above schools held on to some coaches years and years after they should've moved on and it takes time to right the ship like msu, um, wisco, and maine have done recently.

15 hours ago, SJHovey said:

Rinse, repeat.  

• Like 2

Was there not a post game interview after the Michigan game? I've looked everywhere including the NCAA's website.....nothing

But I find it odd that there was nothing posted to the UND Insiders YouTube page of the post game interviews. Unless they didnt happen...then I totally understand why they dont exist. 

It is interesting that three of the four schools making the Frozen Four are private schools. They have a lot more leeway in the NIL money and with Michigan being the fourth school it is not surprising that most of the first-round picks are headed to these schools.  

3 minutes ago, rhenry8439 said:

Blake and Strinden were at Perkins yesterday and they didn't look any worse for wear.

Breakfast and pancakes or lunch/dinner and burgers? We'z gotz ta know! :D 

Glad to hear Blake moving on that leg. It looked scary. 

2 hours ago, Stack said:

It is interesting that three of the four schools making the Frozen Four are private schools. They have a lot more leeway in the NIL money and with Michigan being the fourth school it is not surprising that most of the first-round picks are headed to these schools.  

What leeway do private schools have that public schools do not? The biggest NIL schools in football are just the schools with the biggest fanbases or those with some wealthy/desperate donors as far as I'm aware. 

14 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

What leeway do private schools have that public schools do not? 

You can say it 1000 times but folks still don't hear:

An NIL collective is a private organization and in no way directly controlled by an athletic department much less university. For example:

The 1883 Collective is a third-party college athletics collective tailored for UND athletes, aiming to provide name, image, and likeness (NIL) opportunities and foster community service initiatives. Although it supports UND student athletes, it maintains no direct affiliation with the University of North Dakota.

https://1883collective.com/faq/