SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Dogs - Saturaday

Schmitzzz

Tech pulled the goalie, but no one is moving with the extra attacker...the few shots they do get, don't get near the goal. You HAVE to move around.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was an ugly PP. Their D men just held the puck for the last two minutes. You are correct that not a man for MTU make a move towards the net.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!

Fantastic weekend for our boys. The kind of team we saw in Maine and had trouble finding all year comes back the way the fans had expected to see for some time.

Great job all, especially the senior class which was very well represented "down the stretch"!

Can't wait for thursday.

Very happy to hear that the AA/WI series will go to 3 games. Having them have to play one extra game this weekend will not hurt come Thurs.

Way to go Sioux!!!

I was just going to say it looked like only the seniors did the stick salute tonight... and then Tim confirmed it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The entire team saluted the fans right after the teams shook hands, the seniors salute came about a minute later. :huh: I was at the game. Tim must have been checking out the cheer leaders and missed the first salute. :lol:

The entire team saluted the fans right after the teams shook hands, the seniors salute came about a minute later. :huh: I was at the game. Tim must have been checking out the cheer leaders and missed the first salute. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dont' know why, only two of them were really hot.

closed circuit to diggler.  were you sitting right behind the penalty box wearing an old school white sioux jersey with 15 on it with a green sioux flag as a cape??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was Diggler. I sat right behind him both nights and the guy is a hoot. The count down to Peluso's career while he was in the penalty box with 3:00 to go was classic. Way to go Diggler!!!!!

The upper class played tonight with a great deal of passion and urgency, I thought.

One fun example, in the 3rd Bina knocks down a Dog at the blue line, causing the play to go offside. As Bina skates away, Canady, Massen and Schneider give him high fives. Ya just don't see that every day.

I just love seeing Canady Massen & Fabian on the powerplay. I hope to see it in St Paul next week.

Upon watching the Dogs a second game, I think its unfair to say the whole team bagged it. But a bunch of their guys were just awful (#13 Mcknight, #29 Miskovich, #22 Stauffacher ...), where was the Evan Schwabe that is so flashy?

When we got goal #2, it was like they lost heart. I may be reading too much into it all.

Unbeaten in 6 games now. The Roll continues ....

I don't know why people get so up in arms about some fans leaving a little early. It isn't a mass exodus like at gopher games. Some of the same people getting so upset live in Minneapolis and could very well be here themselves. I have a friend that drives down for just about every series, but I don't cast stones at those who don't do the same and say they are any less fans. Everyone knows there was plenty of tickets, so you can't use that as an excuse. Let's put it this way, at least they came to an important playoff series, and many of them are from a distance away as well. Maybe they didn't want to get home really late. Just remember, they have reasons for leaving early just like you have reasons for not being here. By the way, I don't leave games until the final buzzer, but I am just saying that jumping on people not knowing their reasons can go both ways.

It's spelled S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y. Saturday.

Anyone else sitting at home with final five ticket packages that they would love to be able to use next weekend?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, I'm going to the Final Five this year, even without the 'Dogs. Because, I like hockey. Not just the 'Dogs. HOCKEY. God, you sound like a Gopher fan.

Sorry everyone else, but that's a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

Game over in WI.  UAA wins 2-1.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really want to see UAA make it. I mean, not just because I want Wisconsin to lose. I just admire UAA a lot for the season they put together this year. 2 upsets of Wisconsin in 2 years, how sweet would that be? Wisconsin has the worst fans.

They just said that it was Tyler Broze and TJ Keig who were the two healthy scratch seniors for the Dogs.  Anyone know why?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Godsmack is a really bad band. I've been meaning to mention it to you.

Tyler Brosz and TJ Caig have been underproducing all year and should have ridden the pine a LOT more than just tonight. If I were the coach...

If my dog had a face like Peluso's I'd shave its butt and walk it backwards. I believe Peluso is a Junior so Greene may get his revenge next season.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uh, Peluso is a senior. And I'd rather date Peluso than Colby Genoway, who I think is the ugliest man in college hockey. He looks like a corpse. Porter, on the other hand, is HOT.

And it's not like the Sioux didn't take any cheap shots in the game.

Well, my season's over, so GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Given that they have the best atmosphere, I don't see how it is possible to call them the worst fans.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They're jerks and clueless about hockey. I've been to several games there and they have been so rude to me. The student section makes a lot of noise, but they are just biding their time until football starts again. And no one in any of the other sections does anything.

It's spelled S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y. Saturday.

You know, I'm going to the Final Five this year, even without the 'Dogs. Because, I like hockey. Not just the 'Dogs. HOCKEY. God, you sound like a Gopher fan.

Sorry everyone else, but that's a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

I've got to give props to the Bulldogs. While there might have been a few incidents in the 3rd period, I think other teams in the same situation would have been cheaper. You can't tell me if the shoe were on the other foot and a worse than expected season was coming to an end that there wouldn't have been a few shots thrown. What do you think the gophers or badgers would have done in the same circumstances. With that many seniors I thought there would have been some major shots taken. I thought all in all, the Bulldogs handled it quite well and I appreciate coming out of the series healthy from not having to deal with much of that crap.

They're jerks and clueless about hockey. I've been to several games there and they have been so rude to me. The student section makes a lot of noise, but they are just biding their time until football starts again. And no one in any of the other sections does anything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you been to Mankato? I think WI has really great fans - in my experience, they are very into their team but quite gracious to the the opponent's fans. However, in Mankato, I have feared for my life on the way to my car after the game (and that's when Mankato won and I wasn't wearing any Sioux paraphenalia...)

Real mixed emotions after watching Saturday's game. The first was a chippy, tight checking scrum at center ice. Sandelin must've set up a picket fence, because the Sioux were having trouble getting anything going. Stapleton's goal was hard to watch: Sioux feathered a pass from one point toward the other, and Stapleton just stepped in a skated in on JPar. Five hole, and not that nice. Real stupid Sioux on two or three levels.

The second was a lot like Friday: the boys got it going and you could really feel the energy. A lot of big smiles on their faces, high-fiving one another. I think the Dogs quit going into the corners because they were getting the he77 out of them. Zajac is an animal digging for the puck along the boards. One thing that really stood out tonight was how much BIGGER the Sioux are than the Dogs. I didn't realize how small Schwabe is.

Someone earlier said they through Stafford and Porter didn't contribute: I'd respectfully disagree. Chris was grinding constantly. He has a wicked sick wrister! He missed one just wide that was smoking. And Stafford is a lot better stickhandler than I recall; at least he seemed so tonight. He made a couple of awesome passes, especially the one setting up Genoway's goal.

As one who has really criticized Matt Smaby, I'd like to say he played a great game. He looked strong with the puck, decisive and in control. He laid out a couple of Dogs that should've made a highlight reel somewhere.

And Matt Greene deserves a lot of credit for not retaliating late in the game when that goon Peluso went postal on him. You could see Matt wanted to make Peluso pay, but he showed a lot of maturity to skate away.

My highlight of the game was a real obvious hold that Shepherd ignored. I think it was Canady who was getting mauled. The whistle blew after Parise froze the puck, and the old tv timeout llight went on. Shepherd was hunched over right near me and I hollered at him and signaled the hold. He looked right at me and kind of shrugged like "yeah, I know I missed it." Twenty seconds later he whistled another Dog, and the Sioux scored on the power play. I get my first collegiate point, 29 years after I graduated!

Hennesey talked to seniors on the air after the game and it sounded like they were pretty emotional out there on the ice. After this last three series run, the seniors have shown some real heart.

This series was a good old-fashioned butt thumping by the Sioux. Without sounding like too much of a homer, I think they would've beaten any team in the country this weeked the way they played.

On to St. Paul, then to Grand Rapids. The way they're playing, who knows what might happen? Like Burd said Friday night over on USCHO:

Funny thing about this Sioux team. If they had lost their first two games against UMD (or their next two) and miss the NCAAs, few people would have been very surprised. But if they go deep into the NCAAs, I wouldn't be surprised either.

This team has really fought well in all this adversity. First, they cant find a goalie to depend on. Second, they aren't doing too hot so people are calling for their coach's head. And then, the seniors get bashed all over for not producing(yes i was one of the bashers). And the great thing about it is they come out and(in my mind) prove everyone wrong. Oh how great it was to see a whole team effort for 120 minutes of hockey this weekend. The seniors stepped up and showed some leadership. The underclassmen helped out by scoring in bunches. This team looks like it has plenty of heart left for the season so you never know what can happen. It's gonna be an exciting trip to the final five, NCAA's.....and hopefully the Frozen Four where i think if this sioux team keeps it up we got a real good shot at winning this.