SiouxSports.com Forum

Who's Next?

SooToo

Now that the Landry fiasco, hopefully, is in the rear view mirror, who's the next most likely candidate for the OC job at UND? Internal hire, given Schweigert's contract status (and all the speculation of coming changes)? The Bemidji State guy? How about Beschorner, the running backs coach at the AC? Had a good run as OC at UMD. DII assistant coach of the year while OC at Mankato State. Just passed over, apparently, for OC at the AC ...

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, SooToo said:

Now that the Landry fiasco, hopefully, is in the rear view mirror, who's the next most likely candidate for the OC job at UND? Internal hire, given Schweigert's contract status (and all the speculation of coming changes)? The Bemidji State guy? How about Beschorner, the running backs coach at the AC? Had a good run as OC at UMD. DII assistant coach of the year while OC at Mankato State. Just passed over, apparently, for OC at the AC ...

UND needs to throw the money at someone.  Either Pawluk to get him to stay or bring someone in and Associate Head Coach.  Can’t do the internal promotion if Pawluk and the RB coach leave.  I wouldn’t mind taking a run at Beschorner.  

or, they need to go find another coach with UND ties nearing the end of his career and pay him.  Thinking someone like a Randy Hedberg.  I know that not ideal but this can’t be a Sam King promotion.  

A tank of a season next year will cost more in lost revenue dollars than paying a coach. 

1 hour ago, SooToo said:

Bemidji State???  We need to think a lot bigger.

26 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

I don’t think it will be Pike, although I’m a fan. If you’re disappointed in Bemidji State, I think this one’s current school will disappoint as well. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

Bemidji State’s coaching staff can get it done!  I know “it’s Bemidji”…but I think many of them are on an upward trajectory…

3 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

lol his pic looks funny with the crooked tie

Looks like the uncle that got a little drunk at the wedding reception and tried to clean up right before family pictures.

Let's go, Uncle Ike.  

• Upvote 2