SiouxSports.com Forum

Alaska @ North Dakota - Sat Gameday

brianvf

They certainly don’t cover the other team defensively like the Nodak hockey we are used to seeing. But the show lots of evidence that they can be good defensively.  They will get there. 

4 minutes ago, dden3 said:

They certainly don’t cover the other team defensively like the Nodak hockey we are used to seeing. But the show lots of evidence that they can be good defensively.  They will get there. 

Biggest concern for sure is puck management.  Rather than eat the puck and have a 50/50 chance, they blindly throw the puck into dangerous places.  UND has always been great at living to play another day, especially when you have the lead.  If they don’t get better at puck management, winning four games in a row in tight tournament games could be quite a chore unless your goalie is stealing games, or you are shooting lights out.  On the positive side, they are in every game, and 3 on 3 isn’t a thing in the playoffs, unless you have some weird non coincidental penalty situations.  Turnovers are going to happen against pressure, but they need to for sure tighten up on unforced turnovers.

8 minutes ago, tnt said:

On the positive side, they are in every game, and 3 on 3 isn’t a thing in the playoffs, unless you have some weird non coincidental penalty situations. 

Yes they are for sure in every game.
They have only lost two games in regulation all season...and the last time was Nov 3 against BU.  :0

• Upvote 1

Definitely have their moments, but I'll take sweeping a top 20 team with your backup goalie.

Good non conference record for the group.  Only lost to Snuggy and Hutson.

Angry Stu Gabinet next. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Definitely have their moments, but I'll take sweeping a top 20 team with your backup goalie.

Good non conference record for the group.  Only lost to Snuggy and Hutson.

Angry Stu Gabinet next. 

Didn’t he used to be Disco Stu?

image.jpeg.87ee978bdc468fd9f5260a810268c4e4.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

How much rope does Gabinet have there at Omaha? More than Bergeron at Miami? 

For what they have lost to the portal and where they have finished, I would think he isn’t going anywhere soon.  Remember everyone thought they would be bottom feeders last year when they lost a ton, and we were supposed to be one of the league favorites, and we had to play in their barn for the playoffs.  True, no postseason success, but I don’t think Omaha has illusions of grandeur.   At some point I would imagine losing players yearly, and no playoffs will warrant change, but don’t think that is imminent.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

How much rope does Gabinet have there at Omaha? More than Bergeron at Miami? 

Gabinet is safe for a while, they didn't even do a coaching search when he took over from Blais. Sounds like the Miami fans can't wait for Bergeron to be gone, but I don't see them buyout his remaining contract. 

• Upvote 1