SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (2-1) @ Pacific (2-2) 11/20 10PM

sioux24/7

Road wins are hard to come by!! 

Possessions early in each half with zero passes and movements. Some guys did get to the bucket well and finished! 

We were one of the worst defensive teams in the summit league last year. Hopefully we start add some different looks or the league will pick us apart. 
Unable to guard anyone with the ball in their hands.  

Need to add some versatility and adjustability on both ends. Scouting us is easy, same stuff different year. 

Great “W”, continue to grow! 

7 hours ago, SD UND said:

Deng appears to be in the doghouse??

Certainly appears like it! I'm guessing we'll see Brady D in the starting lineup for the rest of the season now. 

Omot has really been struggling from 3 so far to start the season. Shooting 18% on 7 attempts per game currently. Hopefully he can get that part of his game going soon! 

Great team win with our two stars having a off night!  Eli is showing improvement in every game. Amar is a stud and we need to get him more minutes.  He is just a hard nosed player that knows how to set a screen and a beast on the boards.  When he gets a board down low you know its going in. I dont have the same confidence if its T getting the board.   I honestly would rather see him playing more then T .  T has some offensive skills but his defense and toughness is lacking.   Love Brooks!  As much as Brady gets ripped on here he is a steady and never lacks for hustle.  He has a place just not in the starting line up.  Deng started out dominating last night, the announcers even said he could do what he wanted.  I am hoping it was just foul trouble that took him out of the game.  Props to Coach for tightening the line up this year and the defense looks much improved from last year.  Probably the most excited for a season I have been in for a LONG time! 

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

the defense looks much improved from last year. 

I agree with basically everything you said there but this. The defense so far this year has been very very underwhelming and pretty much the same as last year. With the length and athleticism this team has I thought they would look a lot better on defense but I haven't seen it. The main cause of it all is the lack of a true big man that can protect the paint. As well as the overall defensive philosophy from the coaching staff plays a big part. 

Pacific got wide open look after wide open look last night. How many wide open dunks/layups did they have last night? Too many. They shot 53% from the field and 42% from three as a team. On the year teams are shooting 47% from the field and 40% from three against us. Those aren't great numbers especially with 3 of the games coming against a bad NAIA school and 2 not very good D1 teams. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

We gotta remember that Mara didn’t join the team until the school year started. He will get PT but it’s going to take time. The others had all summer playing together. 

zero minutes tho for mara? how many for brady? come on man...i know they won but let's get real

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I agree with basically everything you said there but this. The defense so far this year has been very very underwhelming and pretty much the same as last year. With the length and athleticism this team has I thought they would look a lot better on defense but I haven't seen it. The main cause of it all is the lack of a true big man that can protect the paint. As well as the overall defensive philosophy from the coaching staff plays a big part. 

Pacific got wide open look after wide open look last night. How many wide open dunks/layups did they have last night? Too many. They shot 53% from the field and 42% from three as a team. On the year teams are shooting 47% from the field and 40% from three against us. Those aren't great numbers especially with 3 of the games coming against a bad NAIA school and 2 not very good D1 teams. 

Looking back you are right there was alot of lay ups.  I believe alot of that is from T. Very frustrating for me to watch.   He is probably our worst defender and so soft.   I do still think that the defense is improved from last year with some of the guys that we brought in.   That also doesnt mean that we still cant improve on it. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

He is probably our worst defender and so soft.

I hate to break it to you, but Brady D is statistically our worst defender and it isn't even close. Actually, he is one of the worst defenders in the country.... I know a lot of people are going to hate on me for this, but I am just posting current facts. 

Brady D gives up 1.316 points per possession, good for bottom 3% of all players in the country. He is allowing opposing players to shoot 70%, with an eFG% of 85% on their shot attempts with him guarding them......

Take that however you would like. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I hate to break it to you, but Brady D is statistically our worst defender and it isn't even close. Actually, he is one of the worst defenders in the country.... I know a lot of people are going to hate on me for this, but I am just posting current facts. 

Brady D gives up 1.316 points per possession, good for bottom 3% of all players in the country. He is allowing opposing players to shoot 70%, with an eFG% of 85% on their shot attempts with him guarding them......

Take that however you would like. 

5 years to find a replacement for brady and then when it seems like you find a guy (finally) he sits on the bench.....

welcome to und bball AND FOOTBALL the last few years...