• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Name, Yr GP                W L T GA MIN GAA SH SV SV%

Philippe Lamoureux, Fr 17 7 7 2 36 983 2.20 0 376 .913

Jake Brandt, Sr            2 1 0 0 4 100 2.40 0 34 .895

Jordan Parise, So        16 9 6 1 38 907 2.51 0 339 .899

Parise should have a save percentage above 90% now after this weekend.

I wonder how Hakstol will play the goalies next weekend?  You would want to keep going with Parise while he is doing well, but it would be nice to give the others a chance as well just in case.  I'm not a goalie, but I would think that practice wouldn't be even close to the game experience.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What were his save totals for the weekend?

Also, while I was listening I found this great site of game worn jerseys.

Kind of fun to look back at the many different styles. We should have a throwback jersey done for a game and then auction those off.

http://www.gvjerseys.com/querysearch_team_...h+Dakota&page=1

A solid game by the Sioux and great to get the three points. The only disappointing moment for me was when Massen had all the time in the world in the slot and shot the puck right into Bruckler's logo. I could have forgiven one rung off the post or forcing a blocker, glove or skate save but this is just typical of our fourth line seniors.

Name, Yr GP                W L T GA MIN GAA SH SV SV%

Philippe Lamoureux, Fr 17 7 7 2 36 983 2.20 0 376 .913

Jake Brandt, Sr            2 1 0 0 4 100 2.40 0 34 .895

Jordan Parise, So        16 9 6 1 38 907 2.51 0 339 .899

Parise should have a save percentage above 90% now after this weekend.

I wonder how Hakstol will play the goalies next weekend?  You would want to keep going with Parise while he is doing well, but it would be nice to give the others a chance as well just in case.  I'm not a goalie, but I would think that practice wouldn't be even close to the game experience.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are gonna be going w/Parise, bet on it. At the least he will get the 1st start. I called it last night that he would likely play today also considering his performance yesterday. this is really all playoff hockey from here out so there is no more "giving chances." You really just want one guy to stick with during the end of the season and you keep him in to keep him hot.

Fuhrer blew the coverage there. allowed the guy to skate right in and score. MENTAL mistake, but lets see if he can make up for it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This wasn't Fuhrer's fault, it was Porter's. First off, Porter had a chance to support his d-man in the high corner during a fight from the puck. Instead he backed off and Wisconson gained control. The player who got it ended up taking it back around the net and getting the assist. This was Porter mistake #1.

Porter mistake number #2: this is less forgivable. after not helping in the high corner, Porter backs off towards the blue line - presumably to help cover the point/slot. Now, when the Wisconsin player moved the puck around the net and Porter became the weakside wing, he should have moved closer the slot from the left point- AND ESPECIALLY WATCH FOR THE D-MAN CREEPING IN TO PICK HIM UP. He didn't. Wisconson's D-man jumped into the slot and buried the puck unhindered. Its the *wing's* job to pick up a defence crashing the net, Fuhrer had no angle, and no chance to help but try a last-ditch pokecheck. Sorry, but blames on Porter for this one. imho.

This year the injury bug seems to have bit the Sioux. What a bummer for Genoway. Will hurt to be missing him from here on out.

Way to go Parise! Good job by the rest of the team in only giving up the 1 goal.

I've been believing in this team all year until last Saturday. I finally deflate my expectations and they take 3 of 4 from Bucky. Outstanding job. Will be a fun weekend in St. Cloud. Hopefully we can find some bodies to play at forward.

Speaking of Radke, has anyone asked Hakstol why he's not playing (pre/post game interviews, or coaches show)? I'm guessing something besides on ice performance is going on and maybe that's why we haven't heard anything. But it did seem as if he was coming on there for a while. Very curious.

Sioux are getting hosed by the refs.  Jones took a cross check to the chin.  Then someone else was tackled to the ice.

At least Earl is going for diving along with Schnieder.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, my dream has come true. I HATE HIM.

The offensive machine Matt Greene almost went coast to coast with the puck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Earl should be on the UW diving team

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are a funny, funny man. I just hope you don't like the Dallas Stars.

WTG on the 3 point weekend. Let's see if the 'Dogs can get 4!!!!!!!!

Just out of curiosity...(not that I think this would actually happen), but if the Sioux lose and tie vs. JBSU next weekend, and tDogs sweep Wisco, both teams will be 12-13-3, and have each beaten eachother once. What is the next tiebreaker? Goals? Coin flip? Tug of war? :silly:

Please do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its possible, but not likely. Wisconsin is very beatable and didn't impress me all that much this past weekend. If it wasn't for their goaltending Wisconsin would be further down in the standings.

Just out of curiosity...(not that I think this would actually happen), but if the Sioux lose and tie vs. JBSU next weekend, and tDogs sweep Wisco, both teams will be 12-13-3, and have each beaten eachother once.  What is the next tiebreaker?  Goals?  Coin flip?  Tug of war?  :silly:

As it sits right now, if UND gets just one point or UMD fails to earn just one point UND gets the home ice.

Put another way:

UMD's only way to achieve home ice is sweep Wisconsin and have St. Cloud sweep the Sioux.

Here's another thought for UMD fans:

UW wants to hold onto third place (as in no play-in game at the Final Five) in the league standings. They need two points to guarantee that.

Hmmmm Anyone want to talk about how overrated Jordan is now? :silly:

In any case, he is the very reason we got 3 points this weekend. I think he deserves a ton of praise.

Matt Greene had an excellent weekend as did Jonesy.

TH and gang was ripping on Zajac and Stafford pregame because of their quiet performance as of late. Did they check the box scores? True, Zajac and Stafford failed to score a goal, but I thought they had two assists on Friday? Things must be rough if you set up two big goals and still get slighted for not contributing.

Bad news on Genoway. Why can't we stay healthy. I was thinking, "Man, we should have no problem with St. Cloud this next week so we should just sit Brady assuming he's able to come back next week, and not risk injury." Now, I'm not so sure we can afford it.

The injury sounds like some sort of deep bruise or sprain to me. Perhaps some severe muscle spasms. I've had bad lower back muscle spasms before and they are excrutiatingly painful. I couldn't move around at all for fear of the pain (didn't hurt that bad if I held still).

Who knows what's going to happen now. But one thing is for certain: This weekend was BIG.