SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. UW

DamStrait

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the lack of sportsmanship shown by McMurchy. Not only did he skate around the whole time the Sioux were being announced, but then when he did go to the blue line he turned his back on the players and faced the other way while they were announcing the last Sioux player. And then on Saturday he started to skate off while the flag was still present. What part of "please stay standing until the colors are retired" didn't he understand. It's one thing to disrespect the opponent (even though I'm sure the Sioux don't do that in Wisonsin) but it's another to disrespect your country and flag.

What an embarrassment he is to his teammates, coaches, fans and all of Madison.

And just because I chanted this all weekend and can't get it out of my head "Hit Robbie Earl" "Hit Robbie Earl"

GO SIOUX

I agree with the lack of sportsmanship shown by McMurchy. Not only did he skate around the whole time the Sioux were being announced, but then when he did go to the blue line he turned his back on the players and faced the other way while they were announcing the last Sioux player. And then on Saturday he started to skate off while the flag was still present. What part of "please stay standing until the colors are retired" didn't he understand. It's one thing to disrespect the opponent (even though I'm sure the Sioux don't do that in Wisonsin) but it's another to disrespect your country and flag.

And just because I chanted this all weekend and can't get it out of my head "Hit Robbie Earl" "Hit Robbie Earl"

GO SIOUX

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another thing I noticed from UofW this weekend they are extremely dirty, although they have been like that for years, they also have returned their all star wrestling days and spent much of the weekend hooking and holding the quicker Sioux. I wouldn't have thought much of it but the guy behind me was talking about it so I took notice. The spear on Schnider pissed me off the most. The ref of course missed it. But UofW is really unimpressive to me.

Sagard?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not really my forte. He is allowed to talk all he wants about him. However you may be onto something. If I can get him to disclose some sort of injury maybe there would be some jail time? Nah, I'll stick with the Kessel-Toews routine. :silly:

GO SIOUX

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with most of your sentiments, but with regards to disrespecting country and flag I don't think that was too terrible, no worse than "home of the ______." Which I openly participate in.

I think I will bring a sign to the F5 that reads "Good luck to Robbie Earl and the rest of the UW diving team." What a Jacka$$. :silly:

EDIT: Assuming, of course, that they don't get spanked by UAA again... ;)

Another thing I noticed from UofW this weekend they are extremely dirty, although they have been like that for years, they also have returned their all star wrestling days and spent much of the weekend hooking and holding the quicker Sioux. I wouldn't have thought much of it but the guy behind me was talking about it so I took notice. The spear on Schnider pissed me off the most. The ref of course missed it. But UofW is really unimpressive to me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://news.tsinghua.edu.cn/upload/04080101.jpg

Not really my forte. He is allowed to talk all he wants about him. However you may be onto something. If I can get him to disclose some sort of injury maybe there would be some jail time? Nah, I'll stick with the Kessel-Toews routine. :silly:

But you at least seem to have access.....

Another thing I noticed from UofW this weekend they are extremely dirty, although they have been like that for years, they also have returned their all star wrestling days and spent much of the weekend hooking and holding the quicker Sioux. I wouldn't have thought much of it but the guy behind me was talking about it so I took notice.  The spear on Schnider pissed me off the most. The ref of course missed it. But UofW is really unimpressive to me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do you think I call them DIRTY BADgers?

WPoS

GO SIOUX

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MacMurchy is a Canadian so it is not his country and flag, still a bush league move though. I hate the BADgers almost as much as the Goofers.

MacMurchy is a Canadian so it is not his country and flag, still a bush league move though. I hate the BADgers almost as much as the Goofers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's from Sask, and his parents spend more time in NWND than they do at home.

Its possible, but not likely. Wisconsin is very beatable and didn't impress me all that much this past weekend. If it wasn't for their goaltending Wisconsin would be further down in the standings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wisconsin is absolutely beatable, although I wonder if playing 2 afternoon games on the road might have thrown them off? The 'Dogs lost to Wisconsin 3-2, 3-2 back in Dec. when they were really in a slide. (Meaning, most of the season...) They hung with Wisconsin the whole game, and I think I may have actually seen a LEAD.

Here's another thought for UMD fans:

UW wants to hold onto third place (as in no play-in game at the Final Five) in the league standings. They need two points to guarantee that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Last year, Wisconsin could have gained 2nd place in the WCHA if they had put forth a solid weekend against the 'Dogs. However, they came away with one measly point, and the only reason for that is they disallowed a Bulldog goal for some COMPLETE BULLSH-T reason. Of course, their place in the WCHA didn't really matter anyway, as they got raped by the Seawolves in the first round.

Wisconsin is a lucky team that can't win when it counts. The 'Dogs are a hungry team who need this win more than Wisconsin. They're turning around their game, starting to score goals, and Isaac seems to have remembered he's an outstanding goaltender.

The 5th place game is almost definitely going to be 'Dogs vs. UND at the Ralph, and it's really too bad, because I always like to see the Sioux in the Final Five. I'll really miss you guys this year! ;)

(please don't accuse me of flaming, I'm just being silly.)

Oh yeah, and lack of sportsmanship?:silly:?;) Wisconsin is a bunch of sadistic goons who don't know jack about hockey!

I didn't know Danny Heatley's little brother is a sophmore at Wisconsin.  Just thought it was an interesting little tidbit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe he is a "walk on", who is out for the year with an injury (knee/leg).

He's from Sask, and his parents spend more time in NWND than they do at home.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had to go look up his bio and see where he was from, Regina if anyone cares. I saw that he played in the SJHL up there which explains his physical play. Judging from the games that I have been to, all they do is drop the gloves.

Just a note about the spearing thing... I may have mentioned it before, but that spear should have evened it up for 2 minutes at four a side really. I noticed the nasty elbow Schneider gave a UW player in the corner. The ref didn't. The spear was retaliatory. Both penalties should have been called.

Nevertheless, I think the UW player pulling down Porter in OT was the biggest missed call of the game.

Interesting enough. 3points gave us confidence and might have helped our PWR rankings but they didn't help us in the rankings.

USCHO still has us unranked and USA Today has us tied with Dartmouth for #15.

That being said, I'm not so sure rankings matter. Do they?

It's ironically funny to read the posts about UW hooking and holding, because their radio guys and fans are complaining about the same thing. I saw Saturday's game and it didn't seem overally horrible, but apparently we speared someone. Also, TV doesn't do that stuff justice.

Also reported on UW radio that Daddy Shephard was watching tape of the Saturday game before the Sunday game and the UW color guy had gotten into a heated argument with him at some point after the Saturday game.

It's ironically funny to read the posts about UW hooking and holding, because their radio guys and fans are complaining about the same thing.  I saw Saturday's game and it didn't seem overally horrible, but apparently we speared someone.  Also, TV doesn't do that stuff justice.

Also reported on UW radio that Daddy Shephard was watching tape of the Saturday game before the Sunday game and the UW color guy had gotten into a heated argument with him at some point after the Saturday game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I think UND kind of played a trap they put one guy in the fore check and lined up at the blue line in a 1-2-2. That being said Wisconsin will be in trouble if they have a CCHA ref during the playoffs because the ref did let a lot of the hooking and holding go, I know what I saw and it was happening. UND's Andy Schnider was the guy that got speared by a badger player. I didn't catch the number but it was pretty blatant right at center ice in the neutral zone.

Actually I think UND kind of played a trap they put one guy in the fore check and lined up at the blue line in a 1-2-2. That being said Wisconsin will be in trouble if they have a CCHA ref during the playoffs because the ref did let a lot of the hooking and holding go, I know what I saw and it was happening. UND's Andy Schnider was the guy that got speared by a badger player. I didn't catch the number but it was pretty blatant right at center ice in the neutral zone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apparently a Sioux player speared someone on Saturday according to UW radio.

I actually thought Campion did a very good job this weekend. He let a lot of little stuff go both ways, but got most of the stuff that pertained to a chance created or denied, or change in puck possession. He didn't bite on all the UW dives and even put Earl in the box for diving at least once, I believe. He let UW get away with too much after the whistle IMHO, but the boys were guilty of some of that too, although I thought it was more retaliatory to UW's initial crap after the whistle, but that may be just my view through Kelly green glasses. I didn't see the spear(s) or Andy's elbow. My two biggest non-call bitches are: The hit right under Colby's chin that led to his missing the rest of the game (fairly obvious roughing call, I thought). The non-calls in OT, which would have really looked bad had UW scored at the end of OT. But to anyone out there that thinks that only UW was hooking and holding, you got another think coming.