SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota @ UND Saturday GameDay Thread

fightingsioux4life

56 minutes ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

3 freshman D against the best top to bottom offense in the country =scary. Pehrson is the guy who has the most experience against the gophs so having him out is rough. Guessing we lose by 3+ tonight but honestly a little adversity right now will get this team rolling later. Having these freshman play big roles against a team like this is massive for development so I say bring it on. Getting swept at home would stink, especially since home losses are a bigger pairwise hit, but losing to the number 1 team in the country in week 2 isn’t the end. Really hope I’m wrong on the prediction but either way this team is going to be really good come late November.

They have to get in there to have experience.  What is the old saying: “the boys have to become men at some point.”  I look forward to what these players are becoming.

• Like 1

The biggest frustration last night was the shutout.  With the scoring ability of these players we should not be shutout.  The shooting inability, to be unpredictable, seems to be creeping into our mentality again.  More shots to make the other team to start guessing where the shots will come from and making the other team not predict the pass.