SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire up those resumes!

The Sicatoka

I doubt it's copyrighted and the link is below.

POSITION: Athletic Director, #05-183

DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately; however, applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes no later than March 1, 2005.  Position will remain open until filled.

The University of North Dakota invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of Athletics.  The University of North Dakota, located in Grand Forks, ND, is one of the largest and most diversified universities in the Upper Midwest.  Enrolling 13,187 students, it has long been characterized by a solid foundation in the liberal arts, an array of 10 colleges and schools, high quality students and faculty, a varied curriculum, rich cultural resources, and an outstanding record of alumni support.  (Visit www.UND.edu.) The University of North Dakota has been one of the prime competitors at the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II level for many years.  This was reflected in the final standings of the 2003-2004 US Sports Academy Directors

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ATHLETICS: Several apply for UND AD

Stanford's Purpur says he will seek position

By Kevin Fee

Herald Staff Writer

At least a dozen people, including an associate athletic director at NCAA Division I Oregon State, have applied for the UND athletic director position.

Kevin Price has been an associate athletic director in charge of compliance at Oregon State since 2002.

The UND athletic director position opened when Roger Thomas announced he will be leaving later this month to take the North Central Conference commissioner position.

Among others who have applied include Chris Gage, athletic director at the University of Texas at Dallas: Greg Hinze, assistant athletic director for marketing and operations at Sam Houston State of Texas; Michael Cancilla, athletic director at the University of Montevallo in Alabama; Darrell Orand, associate athletic director at Dakota Wesleyan in South Dakota; and James Jackson Jr., athletic director at Pratt (Kansas) Community College.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/10851590.htm

You'll all be relieved to know that I've sent in my resume and have an interview scheduled for March 4th at 11 a.m.  I'm cautiously optomistic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So if you get the job, does it mean that Schneider will be with the Sioux another three or four years? :lol:

You'll all be relieved to know that I've sent in my resume and have an interview scheduled for March 4th at 11 a.m.  I'm cautiously optomistic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hah! The job is mine, all mine. Rather than sending my incredible resume, through the magic of Photoshop, I'll just send in photos of the search committee, and the UND administration in "compromising situations".

Now, if I can only find a picture of the Travelocity Lawn Gnome and maybe a mule ... :lol:???

Hah!  The job is mine, all mine.  Rather than sending my incredible resume, through the magic of Photoshop, I'll just send in photos of the search committee, and the UND administration in "compromising situations". 

How'd you think I got the interview? It certainly wasn't because of my stellar accomplishments from working at Tearrace Dining Center. While you have a good idea, you're no Quickdraw McGraw in your execution. You gotta be faster if you expect to get the advatage over a seasoned pro such as myself.

I think it would be great if Diggler was in charge. Although I won't be a student next year, I assume he will change the student seating to make a better atmosphere. Maybe a standing only policy? Or requiring people to make so much noise to be able to have season tickets? The better atmosphere could help with recruiting and maybe winning.

Hard to believe that someone who was a finalist for the same position a couple years ago, has ties to UND and Grand Forks, and is definitely qualified would not be the lead candidate for the position.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would assume that most people have the same feelings about this but with UND you never know what strange ideas they have in their heads.

I second the on campus bar!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
So Purpur has been saying that he's "going to apply" for some time. What is he waiting for?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I keep thinking the same thing. Sweeney keeps reporting who has added their resume to the pile and keeps saying that Pupur "intends" on applying. is he waiting for something?