SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show

The Sicatoka

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I suspect that it will never happen, although with the recent untimely and tragic changes in Dean's life, the departure of the worm hole formerly running The Ralph, and the continuing uncertainty of the NHL, who knows?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im convinced that the reason why Dean left when he did was because he knew the situation with his wife and he knew that the NHL would be gone this season leaving him with some much needed time off.

Nah. I got bored trying to trap DH in a violation so I decided to start some BS. :lol:

I find sagard's explanation the most plausible part of that entire conversation.

PS - I'll go on record again: I'd like the next AD to have more administrative than coaching experience.

Im convinced that the reason why Dean left when he did was because he knew the situation with his wife and he knew that the NHL would be gone this season leaving him with some much needed time off.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dave Hakstol is to the Sioux what Les Steckel was to the Vikings. Both followed very successful coaches (Bud Grant and Blais). Both had (are having) bad seasons. Now, we just need to bring Dean back. It is our destiny.

Dave Hakstol is to the Sioux what Les Steckel was to the Vikings.  Both followed very successful coaches (Bud Grant and Blais).  Both had (are having) bad seasons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The season's not over yet, which means it's too early to make Steckel-Hakstol analogies. Plus, Hakstol's first season hasn't been anywhere near as bad as Steckel's first season with the Vikings.

I don't like it when some try to gloss over the team's problems, but going the opposite direction isn't useful, either.

what the heck is this about dean blais coming back to UND.. is this just unsubstantiated rumor??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is solely because of BDB's having a _____-on for Dean ever since he left.

But what do you expect? BDB is a moron and....

DEAN BLAIS IS GONE!!!!

Edited by redwing77

Dave Hakstol is to the Sioux what Les Steckel was to the Vikings. Both followed very successful coaches (Bud Grant and Blais). Both had (are having) bad seasons. Now, we just need to bring Dean back. It is our destiny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We may have found the caller?

We may have found the caller?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, it wasn't me. I choose not to spend my evening listening to a call in show with apologists like Redwing calling in and Hennesy lobbing softballs to Hak. Besides, in about a minute, I can read PCM's summary versus listening for a half hour or however long it takes. PCM is good at his summaries (See, I do give credit when credit is due.)

Blame me for the Blais rumor if you want, however, there seems to be something to it for Hennesy to even bother mentioning it.

Dave Hakstol is to the Sioux what Les Steckel was to the Vikings.  Both followed very successful coaches (Bud Grant and Blais).  Both had (are having) bad seasons.  Now, we just need to bring Dean back.  It is our destiny.

One minor difference you may have overlooked. Did Grant lobby for Steckel to succeed him as head coach?

The thing that is wrong with the sioux this year, is that Hakstol has a bunch of big stupid defencemen that cant break the puck out.  All they do is ring it around the boards and leave the wingers in a tough spot.  I think that has a lot to do with poor coaching.

Tell me how the defensemen were different the past few years and which coach brought them in?

I'm not an expert and I haven't seen a lot of games this year so maybe you're right. I remember this. Our transition game was NONEXISTANT in 2001-02, when these senior defensemen were freshmen. It did get better over the next 2 years to some extent. I doubt this year it just went in the crapper due to coaching.

I'm not an expert and I haven't seen a lot of games this year so maybe you're right.  I remember this.  Our transition game was NONEXISTANT in 2001-02, when these senior defensemen were freshmen.  It did get better over the next 2 years to some extent.  I doubt this year it just went in the crapper due to coaching.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

one thing i've learned over the years is that the coach is only responsible for so much before you have to put some of it on the players. you can coach these kids to do things and they might do it in practice to perfection but you put some of them into the limelight and they might just go back to their own ways, sounds selfish, but i've seen it happen plenty of times. there are certain intangibles that just can't be coached, and in the heat of battle, some of those come out more so than others. :lol: