SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show

The Sicatoka

Good news for some of you out of range of KKXL-AM 1440 in Grand Forks.

According to KFGO.com (790 AM out of Fargo), they'll be covering the Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show tonight live at 6:30 pm!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled PCM transcription*. :lol:

EDIT: See update below.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I now return you to your regularly scheduled PCM transcription. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please. I've been trying to disabuse people of the idea that I provide a transcript of the Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show because I don't.

I provide a summary that paraphrases what's said, which means that my interpretation of a statement may or may not be accurate. I make no attempt to include every word. I use editorial judgement to decide what content to include and what to leave out.

Sometimes I get too busy typing and I miss things. Sometimes I'm not sure I understood what the person meant. Rather than provide a garbled or inaccurate interpretation, I simply leave it out.

What I post here is not a transcript in any sense of the word.

Good news for some of you out of range of KKXL-AM 1440 in Grand Forks.

According to KFGO.com (790 AM out of Fargo), they'll be covering the Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show tonight live at 6:30 pm!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled PCM transcription. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does KFGO stream the show. I see Rush and Ed are streamed there :lol:

If we could listen, we could then read PCM's "it's not a transcript" report and provide grades for his future as a sudo-reporter ;)

If we could listen, we could then read PCM's "it's not a transcript" report and provide grades for his future as a sudo-reporter ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Future? :lol: I thought I already was one! :D

Maybe UND needs to consider adding another major. ;)

PCM's summaries are way better than actually having to listen to the stuff. :lol:

Is it just me or is Hakstol a lot more careful with what he says than the previous coach? I suppose that after the run Blais had he had earned the right to say whatever he wanted.

PCM's summaries are way better than actually having to listen to the stuff.  :lol:

Is it just me or is Hakstol a lot more careful with what he says than the previous coach?  I suppose that after the run Blais had he had earned the right to say whatever he wanted.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Guarded" and "Measured" are words that come to mind when I think of Hak's responses to interview questions. While perhaps he's not as enjoyable for us fans to listen to, there is also less bulletin board material for other teams and less of a chance Hak is going to come close to violating some obscure NCAA rule.

PCM's summaries are way better than actually having to listen to the stuff.  :D

Is it just me or is Hakstol a lot more careful with what he says than the previous coach?  I suppose that after the run Blais had he had earned the right to say whatever he wanted.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only a gopher fan would say that. :lol:

PCM's outstanding recaps are what got me reading this board several years ago, and it's your hospitality that keeps me coming back!  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! And for the record, I thought you asked a good question.

Disclaimer: This is a summary of the weekly Fighting Sioux Coaches Show. It is NOT a verbatim transcript of the show. Comments by the show's hosts and the coaches are paraphrased to the best of the author's ability and are NOT direct quotes. This summary contains selected highlights from the show and is NOT a comprehensive account of all topics covered or discussed. This broadcast summary represents the interpretation of the author and is not associated in any manner with SiouxSports.com, the University of North Dakota or USCHO. This summary MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED without the written permission of the author.

From Suite 49 sports grill near beautiful Ralph Engelstad Arena, Tim Hennessy is the host with Sioux hockey coach Dave Hakstol.

TH: The Sioux have a large recruiting class this year and will have a young squad next year. With Denver University coming to town, it will be an interesting weekend for the Sioux. The good news from the series with Bemidji State is that UND came from three goals down for a tie. The bad news is that the Sioux were down three goals.

DH: BSU came out and played hard on Friday. We were back on our heels for the first half of the game. We had a good performance in the second half of the game. Overall on the national scene, the win and the tie helped us in the pairwise rankings.

TH: Really, there aren

Edited by PCM

what the heck is this about dean blais coming back to UND.. is this just unsubstantiated rumor??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like a Message Board rumor. Lennon commented later on in the show about not letting his players read message boards because of inaccurate material being discussed on them.

Murray may be back for the UAA trip, or maybe not. He's sure missed a lot of the season. I"ll be there for my second series this year, guess I"ll have to wait unitl next year to see Brady :lol:

I would hope for him to be back by the UAA trip.

Hakstol said it was a 4-6 week injury.

After the CC series, the Sioux have had a week off, BSU, DU, another week off, then the UAA series.

So hopefully he will be back by then....

what the heck is this about dean blais coming back to UND.. is this just unsubstantiated rumor??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah. I got bored trying to trap DH in a violation so I decided to start some BS. :lol:

Thanks PCM. Ironic how the coaches in MPLS, DLTH and GRFK could basically say the same thing about stupid penalties late in games.

Maybe my lobbying is paying off.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While I suspect that it will never happen, although with the recent untimely and tragic changes in Dean's life, the departure of the worm hole formerly running The Ralph, and the continuing uncertainty of the NHL, who knows?

Dean returns as AD, Hak runs a couple of NC banners up the rafters and leaves for the NHL, and Dean does double duty as AD and hockey coach starting in around, say, 2010. Gino was both AD and Coach as I recall.