SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

12 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Lindenwood cut 9 sports; hockey isn't one of them, but that's a bad sign for the long term viability.

Discussed here: 
https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/16061-conference-realignments-take-2/page/325/#comment-1341118 

They cut 10 ... of 30
Thirty is not sustainable.
They right-sized for DI. 

13 hours ago, brianvf said:

Don't see this too often, fortunately.  Midseason departure for UW it seems.  Soph dman Tyson Jugnauth looks to be leaving for the WHL.
It's not like he wasn't getting playing time for UW.

I saw he was a healthy scratch the past three games. Never a good look for a player, IMO. I get it, but dude, work harder? Idk

In this situation, he came in to the program with a different coach and maybe he fell out of favor.

38 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I saw he was a healthy scratch the past three games. Never a good look for a player, IMO. I get it, but dude, work harder? Idk

In this situation, he came in to the program with a different coach and maybe he fell out of favor.

Could be Hakstol wants to watch him closer to home since he is a Seattle pick.   Actually doubt that is the case, as Hakstol probably has the same line of thinking you do, to work harder where you are at, but sometimes organizational situations are part of the equation.  Maybe he chose being closer to Seattle himself, thinking he will see more ice time and I'm sure Portland takes notice of players that might be unhappy in their current situation.   

41 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Not only that, but telling the team with your rights that they need to shop you.

As a Portlander, it boggles my mind that this is a destination. The practice rink is a dump, opponents are a long bus ride away, and local support fell off.  Also, the Blazers arena no longer has an ice plant so they play their games at a rink that looks like the one from Slap Shot.