SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

Mich wins it in OT after after MN just soaks 3 or 4 shots on the PK...

respect that but 

Motzko challenged for a potential handpass that kept the puck in the zone...

we wait...

Burn down a Safeway Motz.

That's a good goal.

4 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Mich wins it in OT after after MN just soaks 3 or 4 shots on the PK...

respect that but 

Motzko challenged for a potential handpass that kept the puck in the zone...

we wait...

Burn down a Safeway Motz.

That's a good goal.

This begs the question, if the perceived hand pass didn’t lead directly to the goal, and Minnesota had possession of the puck at some point, could it have been overturned?  

2 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Michigan moved from 15th to 13th with the win, hopefully next week they lose and get eliminated and one of the NCHC team jump them.  

They are still in bubble territory. They'll have to win some games in the B1G playoffs or I don't see them getting in.

3 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Michigan moved from 15th to 13th with the win, hopefully next week they lose and get eliminated and one of the NCHC team jump them.  

The two NCHC teams that Mich jumped both needed to lose tonight for us to raise the Penna.
So I'll take that, but agree that hopefully Michigan moves out of the tourney in these last couple weeks.

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

This begs the question, if the perceived hand pass didn’t lead directly to the goal, and Minnesota had possession of the puck at some point, could it have been overturned?  

I think if they determined it WAS a hand pass then they would have to follow the play to determine exactly that.

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

They are still in bubble territory. They'll have to win some games in the B1G playoffs or I don't see them getting in.

Like to see Western Michigan (15th) and St. Cloud (14th) jump them. 

• Like 1

Went to the CC game tonight. Luke Bast lost his marbles with the refs down the stretch. Admittedly, a very soft call was made on him and Duluth with 3 minutes to play and it still a one goal game. Slammed his stick in the penalty box multiple times. Then he took a slashing call a minute later after CC had scored on the power play. 

10 hours ago, cberkas said:

One of only 2 seniors on the team. Cool idea. 

Hope they don’t have a Russian senior next year with the ongoing Ukraine situation.

2 minutes ago, TwamleyShuffle said:

One game we will want to watch on Thursday is BU vs Providence. A providence win probably moved us into second in pairwise. #WeWantRIT

I noticed RIT was nationally ranked (around 19 or 20). Are you sure about wanting to play them? #becarefulwhatyouwishfor

7 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Playing one of the last two teams into the tournament, especially this year, will give the number 1 and 2 seeds a better shot at getting to the regional final. There are some pretty good teams hanging around 12,13,and 14.

Very much true.

New USCHO Bracketology is out:

https://www.uscho.com/2024/03/06/bracketology-getting-closer-to-seasons-end-the-umass-conundrum-is-solved-but-other-issues-lie-ahead-in-seeding-the-ncaa-field/

UMass moving up to a #3 seed solves the issue of swapping #1 seeds around to place them in their host spot.

Providence Regional
1. Boston College
2. Quinnipiac
3. Maine
4. Bemidji State (or CCHA champion)

Springfield, Mass. Regional
1. Boston University
2. Minnesota
3. Massachusetts (regional host)
4. St. Cloud State

Sioux Falls, S.D. Regional
1. North Dakota