SiouxSports.com Forum

Bad News: Greene arrested

PCM

Let's face it there is not much else to do in GF in the middle of winter when it is 30 below outside. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Finally, someone explains why, for the past 13 years, I've spent most of the sub-zero winter nights in Grand Forks driving around drunk. I now understand that it's caused by of forces of nature beyond my control. Therefore, it's not my fault. Thanks!

:D

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that we should all accept the fact that Matt Greene is human and made a mistake, but at the same time, humans who make mistakes must deal with the consequences of those mistakes. To be honest, I've never been a big fan of Matt Greene. His decisions on the ice can be questionable, and now, his decisions off the ice have come under fire.

I think a lot of the problems for the Sioux this year result from a lack of leadership and discipline, and - in my opinion - it starts with the player who is wearing the C.

And, better yet, now the climate controls one's behaviours, decisions, and actions. That's playing the victim. Don't be a victim.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am a climate victim. Global warming is my only hope. :D

Maybe it's time to put a lock on this topic as it has, in my opinion, already been beaten to death, has no practical value for the purpose of this board -- which as I understand is to discuss the hockey team, the hockey season, hockey in general, and the great state of hockey at the UND --and has the potential to go on forever with sad sad stories of our own experiences and close calls, the tragedies that abound, and the legal wranglings that now will surround.

Let's say if we want to pontificate, berate, speculate, or litigate, we should look to book some time on Oprah, Judge Judy, Hannity & Colmes, Larry King Live, POI, or someplace other than here.

Glass houses is great things, ain't they?

Hak, Matt, and the team will handle this fine, in my humble and final opinion.

Git yer West Regional tickets now. They are selling out fast.

Maybe it's time to put a lock on this topic as it has, in my opinion, already  been beaten to death,  has no practical value for the purpose of this board -- which as I understand is to discuss the hockey team, the hockey season, hockey in general, and the great state of hockey at the UND --and has the potential to go on forever with sad sad stories of our own experiences and close calls, the tragedies that abound, and the legal wranglings that now will surround.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's an idea....don't click on the thread. Problem solved.

I was wondering why you sound so bitter and then I remembered, your team got swept at home by the last place Huskies last weekend - now it makes sense! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh no, they dropped from 2 to 3 in the Pairwise. If they drop 11 more spots, UND will pass them. Maybe someone could start another thread about karma. The two last week were entertaining.

You misunderstood my post. Some people on this board act as if they have never made a single poor decision in their lifetime.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Having made some mistakes in my life of which I'm not proud, I certainly understood that part of your post. What I don't understand is the desire of some to explain away DUI based on climate.

Look at the poster who seems proud of the fact that he has done this multiple times and has "gotten away with it."  Ask yourself this question.  Whould you or your family members want to be in the vicinity of an individual with this attitude?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yet another reason not to go to Cando :D

Seriously I believe this poster lives in Cando as much as I believe his good friend lives next to Billy Powers. :D

Maybe someone could start another thread about karma. The two last week were entertaining.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like you said earlier, if you don't like the thread, don't click on it. You guys (with the exception of a some Gopher posters on this site) change your position on topics so fast you cannot even keep up with yourselves.

I am not disagreeing with the money sentiment, but with regard to the county I mainly practice in, it is anything but speculation.  I don't presume to know how things work in the airline industry nor do I know how they work in Warroad, but I do know that the attorney in this area that has been voted the best criminal defense attorney in this region charges a $3,000.00 retainer on DWI's and in the five years I have been in this county, he has yet to win a DWI case here - and he is a damn good lawyer.

I have seen many a bigwig from the Cities, from Sioux Falls and other "bigger" areas around here come through the courthouse with their beamers, fancy suits, airs of confidence and leave with their tails between their legs and hanging their heads on DWI matters.

I just hope, for MG's sake, the facts warrant a reduced or dimissed charge.  Until then, we might as well take a deep breath because it could take a while for this to play out. . . . .

In GF they allow students with little courtroom experience to try DUI cases, they never lose. DUI's are like meth - they are buzz words that the public has little sympathy for. With good reason. The breathalyzer machines they use now (not the field ones) are very accurate and run diagnostic tests that make it almost impossible for them to be wrong. If the cops do everything by the book and the machine prints out a good test there is little a defense lawyer can do. There is no nullification for sympathy in these cases.

Oh no, they dropped from 2 to 3 in the Pairwise. If they drop 11 more spots, UND will pass them. Maybe someone could start another thread about karma. The two last week were entertaining.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pairwise? Dude....they got SPANKED at HOME by the LAST PLACE team in the WCHA...throw out the Pairwise jagazzz....In fact 0-4 last 4 games and soon to be 1-5 (predicting a split with UMD).

Pairwise? Dude....they got SPANKED at HOME by the LAST PLACE team in the WCHA...throw out the Pairwise jagazzz....In fact 0-4 last 4 games and soon to be 1-5 (predicting a split with UMD).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not quite, MN is 2-2 in last 4 games - MN swept Mankato (@ the X and in Mankato) the previous weekend. MN is, however, 0-4 the during the last four home games and losing to a dog like Tech is unacceptable.

Not quite, MN is 2-2 in last 4 games - MN swept Mankato (@ the X and in Mankato) the previous weekend. MN is, however, 0-4 the during the last four home games and losing to a dog like Tech is unacceptable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is what I meant - at home - I stand corrected. Agreed from a UM fan's perspective it is unacceptable. Gopher fans like Skippy try to sugarcoat everything evidently.

The Gophs are 2-4 in their last 6 games. Only two of those games were against a ranked team. Lost 4 straight at home. If they keep playing like they are now, it won't be long before UND (and alot of other teams) pass them in the PWR.

cmon now. as much as i love bashing the gophers, this isn't a 'bash the gophers' thread. this is a 'bash our captain for his wreckless decision' thread. ;) the moral of the story is, Matt Greene made a very very wreckless decision and should be held accountable, he should be stripped of the 'C'. I agree with an earlier post and it should be given to Prpich, he's one of few that show up game in and game out and never take a shift off. Maybe that'll spark a fire under the asses of this beloved program and we won't need a slip-up by the gooofs to pass them and many others in the pairwise. and to completely contradict my earlier statement: gophers suck :blush: and I am now a fairweathered Michigan Tech Husky fan. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

T.C._Idiot maybe you should go to POI.COM and participate in the Gopher love feast, I believe that is where you belong, in case you haven't noticed it typical for UND fans to talk about UND things on a wep page that focuses on UND sports.

I hope UND gets to play Minnesota in the midwest regional it would be awesome watching the Sioux dismantle Briggs and his pylons that he has infront of him. Thats Karma...