SiouxSports.com Forum

Bad News: Greene arrested

PCM

It does seem odd that you would contact UND administators and tell them that there was someone on a message board that was spreading rumors about Greene failing a field sobriety test.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw a rumor posted about Matt Greene. I had no idea whether it was true or not. If it was true, it was newsworthy.

I called the UND sports information department, the office run by the people who normally provide me with information about Sioux hockey, and asked them if they knew anything about the alleged incident.

Is that so odd?

True, a real reporter might have handled the situation differently. And I can almost guarantee you that practically everyone on this board would have liked that even less than what I did.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SIOUXTX, UND is lucky to have a writer like PCM as there are many schools out there who do not. Without his likes the National websites would be smeared with only useless dribble from the likes of Michigan, BC, Wisconsin and that other school that likes to think it has a hockey team. If you want a site that isn't interested in the facts and would rather deal with innuendo why don't you do us all a favor and go join the POI chat.

PCM, you don't have to justify your actions for these people. You do a great job reporting, and did in this situation. Sooner or later everybody would have heard about this. It is sad that people are attacking each other now on this board because of one players poor choice. By no means should his decision reflect poorly on the entire team. I am sure that people will start saying that it was Hakstol's fault because he should have been keeping tabs on him. I remember that when Blais was the coach he knew the players would go out on the town and put themselves in situations that weren't good i.e going to Applebees and the Edge after games. Just wanted to cover Hakstol's side before people started to accuse him somehow.

I think you have no life.  I think all you want to do is to come here, claim you are a Sioux fan, and then flame people whose opinion is different than yours. 

What I think, is that you are from Texas.  And since Texas boasts the city with the largest dropout rate among high school students in the nation (Houston), perhaps your reading competancy isn't all that high.  So, let me backscroll a bit and find the key points and put them like this so you may figure this out.

Item A: PCM's article was released AFTER UND's official release

Item B:  Rumors were flying BEFORE UND's release

Item C:  What good is an article if no one knows about it?

Item D:  What forces you to follow the link?  If you don't like it, don't read it!

Item E:  Obviously you've never seen a talk show such as the Jay Leno Show, Tonight Show, Daily Show, etc.  I'm sure you must explode every time you see an actor or a director talking about their latest work.

Item F:  I recall PCM's story being written about Matt Greene and what he did.  If he wanted to become the story, maybe he would write his memoirs?

Item G:  MATT GREENE ALLEGEDLY DROVE UNDER THE INFLUENCE!!!!!  IF HE DID IT, OR EVEN IF THE CHARGES ARE DROPPED MATT DID THIS TO HIMSELF!!!!!

Questions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pretty funny stuff. I am from ND. Went to school in ND and graduated from UND, but I do live in TX.

Pretty classic move on your part. Your opinion is different then mine, so you flame away at me after accusing me of flaming and not being a sioux fan......classic.

SIOUXTX,  UND is lucky to have a writer like PCM as there are many schools out there who do not.  Without his likes the National websites would be smeared with only useless dribble from the likes of Michigan, BC, Wisconsin and that other school that likes to think it has a hockey team.  If you want a site that isn't interested in the facts and would rather deal with innuendo why don't you do us all a favor and go join the POI chat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No thanks. Never been on POI and won't ever go. I just think the situation could have been handled differently. I also never said his writing was bad.