SiouxSports.com Forum

Don Adam

sprig

Did it ever occur to you guys that he may have been joking?? :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did it occur to you that telling jokes while being the head official DURING a game is not exactly what you would call professional? Did it occur to you that this kind of statement made during a game could call into question exactly what he is trying to do? :D:D

People get fired for saying stuff like that.

It's really too bad that it is Adam saying it and not Anderson. Adam is a bad ref, but Anderson is far worse. Although I have to say that Anderson did ref a good game tonight.

Edited by redwing77

Does everyone have a short memory. Too Bad there were no cameras around when Adam was bragging in Sugar's Lounge about how he was going to get Commodore every time he could. the amazing thing to me is that he was not allowed to do anymore sioux games the rest of that year but now he is?:D?:D?:D?;)?;)?:0?:D?:D?:D?? He has the integrity of Bill clinton in front of a Grand Jury. :D

doesn't suprise me at all...I still think there are no good refs out there...

Find me ONE!  ONE!  DANGIT!

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Zelkin seems to be alright. Something happened between the leg injury and now to Jon Campion because he used to be alright.

Anderson used to hold second or third worst ref in the WCHA. Either he's gotten worse or... Derek Sheperd has gotten better :D because Todd now holds the worst ref in the WCHA.

Fire Greg Sheperd!

Two years ago, I took a friend who is a referee in the BC Junior League to one of the CC/UND matchups here in Colorado Springs and he couldn't believe the poor quality of the officiating. He questioned how they were awarded their credentials; therefore, the root of the problem is likely a lack of quality control from the front office. And who is policing the police? :D

Two years ago, I took a friend who is a referee in the BC Junior League to one of the CC/UND matchups here in Colorado Springs and he couldn't believe the poor quality of the officiating.  He questioned how they were awarded their credentials; therefore, the root of the problem is likely a lack of quality control from the front office.  And who is policing the police?  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahem.

FIRE Greg Shepperd!

I can't find the stupid article now, but...

Adam Wooden of CSTV had a chat earlier this week. Somebody asked about officiating and he said in talking to hockey minds from around the country, the WCHA has basically decided to not follow the NCAA directive

I can't find the stupid article now, but...

Adam Wooden of CSTV had a chat earlier this week.  Somebody asked about officiating and he said in talking to hockey minds from around the country, the WCHA has basically decided to not follow the NCAA directive

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Q: In your recent column regarding the enforcement issue, you state that the WCHA is not following the same path as the other leagues. Can you expand on this and do you think that this will be an advantage or disadvantage for WCHA teams in the NCAA's? Will there be a madated style of refereeing for the tournament?

Adam Wodon: Without having spoken directly to the WCHA people in a while, the sense I get is that they haven't been as aggressive in staying on top of their officials and making sure they continue to crack down on the obstruction away from the puck, which was the key part of the preseason mandate. On the other hand, their mentality may be: "Well, our games are played in big rinks, and the scores are high anyway, why should we bother fixing what isn't broken?" I can't say for sure that's the thinking, but it seems reasonable. I think it might hurt them in the NCAAs on smaller surfaces, but then again, I think Minnesota and CC have already proven capable of dealing with it.

• 1 month later...