SiouxSports.com Forum

See the Gophers lose!

UMDDogz

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure this warrants its own thread, and the original thread is closed to traffic, so will post this here. It's close enough to being on-topic.

I think we remember back to October when Coach Lucy said this after the McMahon/Vannelli set-to:

"Isn't it funny that whenever there is a fight North Dakota is one of the teams involved?"
In today's Star Trib, Lucy had this to say about Vannelli:

"We wish Mike had some of his father's feistiness," Gophers coach Don Lucia said. "His dad was as feisty a player as you're ever going to find. Tommy was a guy who was going to stick you, hit you, slash you, do whatever it took. I think Mike is going to improve on those areas."

Now, tell me again what Lucy was complaining about?

Link to the article Lucia on Vannelli

Lucia is a joke.  And a jerk. 

Both qualities filter down through his so-called  program.

It'll be another quarter century before the Gophers taste the Big Crown again.

Hear me now and listen to me later.

Tech takes three of four.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is more to a man than what falls out of his mouth. These articles tell me only one thing, really: Don't EVER EVER EVER put Don in front of a microphone or a group of people who aren't recruits when tact or intellectual discourse is set to occur.

What he tells the media and what he produces on the ice are not related .

Lucia is a joke.  And a jerk. 

Both qualities filter down through his so-called  program.

It'll be another quarter century before the Gophers taste the Big Crown again.

Hear me now and listen to me later.

Tech takes three of four.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh how many of us wish, but it won't happen.

TECH 6 VARMINTS 3.SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of some significance perhaps, the last two games that Briggs has started the Gophs have given up twelve goals (six in each). With the one eng last night, that is 11 GA's for Briggs over two games against two of the lowest ranked teams in the WCHA (and please no excuses about Hagemo not being in the lineup - as good as he can be, his absence would not have made that much of a difference).

The one telling moment of the game last night was after Harrington laid a beautiful check on a Tech player in the first period, he gives a cheap shot cross check to his back on the way up and takes a stupid penalty. Tech scores on the powerplay to go up 1-0 and the rest is history.

The one telling moment of the game last night was after Harrington laid a beautiful check on a Tech player in the first period, he gives a cheap shot cross check to his back on the way up and takes a stupid penalty.  Tech scores on the powerplay to go up 1-0 and the rest is history.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And looking at the POI the so called Goofer fans are ready to hang Harrington. I think I even noted a mean side to Sagard :D

Wow, NDH.  Good call.  They've got 2 of the 3 so far.........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess I will go back and clean my crystal ball.

I would never had guessed that MTU would win.

Now I would like to see a sweep.

Of some significance perhaps, the last two games that Briggs has started the Gophs have given up twelve goals (six in each). With the one eng last night, that is 11 GA's for Briggs over two games against two of the lowest ranked teams in the WCHA (and please no excuses about Hagemo not being in the lineup - as good as he can be, his absence would not have made that much of a difference).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point Schmidty. Back to Briggs, I would be worried if I were their coach right now. I said it earlier in the Season that Briggs is still Briggs, meaning he aint that good, and its becoming evident.

I was called out and told I didn't know what I am talking about. I would still rather have Jordon Parise or Lammy in stead of the gopher sieve. Looks like UofM is starting to crumble. I am not scared of UND having to play UofM in their building during the regionals.

Edited by Goon

The one telling moment of the game last night was after Harrington laid a beautiful check on a Tech player in the first period, he gives a cheap shot cross check to his back on the way up and takes a stupid penalty.  Tech scores on the powerplay to go up 1-0 and the rest is history.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Harrington laid out Lars Helminen. And it was the Hit of the game.

That little cross check he gave him afterwards drew a penalty?:D?

My god, I've seen that happen numerous times for and against the Sioux without a call.

Another crazy night in the WCHA. CC ties a struggling Duluth team, getting outshot again. MN loses to bottom feeder tech - shots were not that one-sided. Then St. Cloud loses to Denver 5-2 despite only allowing 14 shots - and no empty netters - 14 shots = 5 goals 9 saves :D It looked like the Sioux CC game from last Sat with St. Cloud getting 31 shots.

Looks like UofM is starting to crumble. I am not scared of UND having to play UofM in their building during the regionals.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nor should anyone be scared. It is the best possible matchup for the Sioux to make it to Columbus. The Gophers will be showing more and more that they are really becoming something that is less and less.

I guess I will go back and clean my crystal ball.

I would never had guessed that MTU would win.

Now I would like to see a sweep.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After getting to watch Tech play Denver and win, they just seem to be a different team. The win didn't surprise me at all, expecially the way Briggs played against CC and MSU-M.

I wonder if Johnson will get another start?