SiouxSports.com Forum

See the Gophers lose!

UMDDogz

Nor should anyone be scared. It is the best possible matchup for the Sioux to make it to Columbus. The Gophers will be showing more and more that they are really becoming something that is less and less.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NDH...Warm up the University of Minnesota Golden "Novembers" cheer!!! haha....

Still remember that needle d$ck Gopher fan in front of me last year with that sign....mocking the Sioux winning streak prior to January. Shoe is totally on the other foot. I read that UM has dropped their last three at the Mariucci dump.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one telling moment of the game last night was after Harrington laid a beautiful check on a Tech player in the first period, he gives a cheap shot cross check to his back on the way up and takes a stupid penalty.  Tech scores on the powerplay to go up 1-0 and the rest is history.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah what a thug. They replayed it a few times (the announcers could not believe a Gopher would be called for a penalty.) He absolutely bowled the guy over. There was no need to cross check, I'm sure the guy was already hurting.

The Sic, I know I can't believe anyone would say anything of the sort about Anderson, but it's true, and Schmidtdoggydogg is right. But really, that was good for the Gophers, as Tech's PP is one of the best in the conference AND in the country. Of course someone forgot to tell Chris Harrington...

What happened to all those Gopher fans who came here to gloat when the Sioux split series at home?  :D  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

heck, I'm still here...what do you want me to spout off about? I'll just be watching your scores next week for any signs of weakness! Hope the Sioux don't drop any games next weekend!

WPoS

First half of the season the gophers were relatively healthy. Potulny was absolutely deadly shooting the puck. Briggs was excellent. Freshmen defensemen playing better than expected. However, it appeared if Potulny quieted down, there wasn't a lot of scoring support behind him.

Potulny has quieted down. A couple of MN's defensemen have been hurt/missing on a rotational basis, and Briggs has hit a short slump. There are few of MN's freshmen, other than defensemen having an impact. Chucko appears to be coming on, and Kaufmann looked great out there tonite. But guys like Howe aren't yet being heard from much.

If Briggs doesn't recover his groove, and teams can continue finding a way to stifle Potulny, it might be a tough row for MN down the stretch. Johnson HAS strung together 2 solid outings, so he may help buy time for Briggs to find his game.

In the first 19 games of the season Potulny had 19 goals and 7 assists. In 8 games since the first of the year he's got 1 goal and 4 assists. In those first 19 games they were 15W and 4L. Since the first of the year they have 3W and 5L.

Briggs imploded against Mankato but fortunately the Maverick's goaltender went supernova. The resulting black hole sucked everything into his net. Otherwise, it could have been worse.

First half of the season the gophers were relatively healthy.  Potulny was absolutely deadly shooting the puck.  Briggs was excellent.  Freshmen defensemen playing better than expected.  However, it appeared if Potulny quieted down, there wasn't a lot of scoring support behind him.

Potulny has quieted down.  A couple of MN's defensemen have been hurt/missing on a rotational basis, and Briggs has hit a short slump.  There are few of MN's freshmen, other than defensemen having an impact.  Chucko appears to be coming on, and Kaufmann looked great out there tonite.  But guys like Howe aren't yet being heard from much.

If Briggs doesn't recover his groove, and teams can continue finding a way to stifle Potulny, it might be a tough row for MN down the stretch.  Johnson HAS strung together 2 solid outings, so he may help buy time for Briggs to find his game.

In the first 19 games of the season Potulny had 19 goals and 7 assists. In 8 games since the first of the year he's got 1 goal and 4 assists.  In those first 19 games they were 15W and 4L.  Since the first of the year they have 3W and 5L.

Briggs imploded against Mankato but fortunately the Maverick's goaltender went supernova.  The resulting black hole sucked everything into his net.  Otherwise, it could have been worse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You've hit most of the key points. I'm actually more worried about Harrington than Briggs. The guy gets a ton of ice time and seems to be regressing every weekend.

Something keeps happening to the Gophers at the 1st intermission. They have come out and had terrible 2nd periods for weeks now. It cost them both games this weekend. Tonight I could live with, last night was brutal.

CC had the sweep before Tech - were the GOOFERS on the road last week or didn't play??  If that was back to back sweeps at Mariucci..I'd be curious to know the last time THAT happened?? :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yah but they're counting the game against the Mavs at the X as a home game just so it isn't back to back sweeps. :D:D

I agree.  I've never been a JJ fan ever, but his last 2 games were sensational.  I didn't know anything about him while he was in juniors, but I'm still not impressed with him.  Just amazed that he could perform like he has recently.  He still sucks.  But he has a UofM education on his side that he didn't have to pay for.  I hope he will do fine in the nonhockey world.

I wasn't thinking that SoH would make an appearance.  I'm rather hoping to know what TC_Transplant has to say.  Maybe he can enlighten us about Minny doing something not even UND has done this year:  Lose four straight...at home.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know Briggs is going to have some conpetition. Briggs is 1-4 with a .863 save percentage in his last 5 games and JJ's save percentage and GAA is much better than that. Like I said earlier, I would love the regionals to be this weekend with UND getting the Gophers.

I don't know Briggs is going to have some conpetition. Briggs is 1-4 with a .863 save percentage in his last 5 games and JJ's save percentage and GAA is much better than that. Like I said earlier, I would love the regionals to be this weekend with UND getting the Gophers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lucia won't stray too far from Briggs. His confidence has to be going right down the ole crapper. Johnson has played well, but he's only played three games this year. How long can he keep it up?

John Scott looked like a kid in the toy aisle in Wal-Mart when he had one in each hand:

"Gee mommy, which one do I want? Simon or Theodore? Oh look! Here comes Alvin!"

Now if he'd have just checked to see if they rattle when shaken hard or just taken the stuffin' out of 'em. :D :D

i watched that last night and i was cracking up at scott just man handling 2 goofs at once with 1 hand on each. everyone else trying to go 1 on 1 and he has 2 rodents like they were 2nd graders.......scotts still a goon as well as those goofs but that was funny...