SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

21 hours ago, SD UND said:

Coach Sather just said with Goodman on field of 68 live stream that they haven't heard anything on Tyree yet.

Strange.

What is Tyree’s case? I had initially heard something about his mother being sick but no idea if that’s true. Florida State football player made what sounded like a poor case of his mother being sick and the NCAA shut that down pretty quick.  

2 hours ago, SD UND said:

I watched a few of the interviews, didn't get a chance to listen to Richman, Goodman and Dauster (?) just were flat out asking coaches about good players on their team and if they're worried about them transferring at the end of the year. I guess that's the world we live in where you can just flat out talk about it in October? I didn't like that and thought some of their questions were inappropriate, but I guess that's where we are.

Yeah definitely was a theme with asking about Grant, Abmas, and Rhode all leaving, then even asking about BJ. I wasn’t a fan of it either especially before the season even starts but still cool to have them there and promoting the league.

Fan fest tomorrow night! Excited to see the team and new guys in person before the season starts.

Saw Sather and a couple players walking some recruits around the football field yesterday before the game. Hopefully they were some good recruits and we got them after that game! 

55 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Fan fest tomorrow night! Excited to see the team and new guys in person before the season starts.

Saw Sather and a couple players walking some recruits around the football field yesterday before the game. Hopefully they were some good recruits and we got them after that game! 

It’s amazing how that win yesterday has me amped not only for football but for the upcoming basketball season and the hockey season. Winning can be contagious across campus. Hoping for a similar season to 2016-17 across campus. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Does anyone know if this will be live streamed at all?

15 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Any other observations?

Decent crowd with around a 100 kids partaking in the drills with the players.  Mara, BJ, Deng and king competed in the slam dunk contest.  This team has some hops, they were impressive.  The 3 point shooters were T, Eaglestaff, Brady and Kraft.  Kraft is an impressive shooter, doesn’t look like a freshman!  

24 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Who stopped Daniel from competing?  Or, who chose the competitors?  I couldn't tell how that worked.

Usually the seniors are a lock to participate, so Danielson & TT. Then your best 3 point shooter/s, so Treysen. And then if still open slot usually a young guy like a Daniel Hong or Zach Kraft. 

That's how it has gone in my experience. Would have loved to see Hong torch the net and light up the crowd! 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Usually the seniors are a lock to participate, so Danielson & TT. Then your best 3 point shooter/s, so Treysen. And then if still open slot usually a young guy like a Daniel Hong or Zach Kraft. 

That's how it has gone in my experience. Would have loved to see Hong torch the net and light up the crowd! 

Yeah I would guess they went with Kraft over Hong cause he is the local kid and it would get the fans excited, plus its cool to see and he is a good shooter!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Brady D being in the 3 point contest verifies my concerns with this team and where shooting will come from

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

I heard Kacie Borowicz won the whole thing. Sounded like the girls team had a lot better shooting performance.

Kacie was on fire. Once she got her rhythm flowing, which didn't take long, she could basically just close her eyes and let them fly. 

• Upvote 2