SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (5-6) vs Seattle (6-1) 12/10 3PM

SWSiouxMN

First off, entertaining day of basketball at the Betty all for $5, nice promotion by Und. Dang, should have had that win. Free throws, yikes. Youth definitely showed with turnovers as well. Need to figure out a rotation in a close game that can both play D and get a bucket if needed. I know Omot is our future but to me he didn't appear willing to carry us offensively down the stretch with a defensive oriented lineup playing. I think we win this game a month from now. Excited to see the season play out. We are going to be the team other teams don't like playing it appears. 

1 hour ago, UND1992 said:

First off, entertaining day of basketball at the Betty all for $5, nice promotion by Und. Dang, should have had that win. Free throws, yikes. Youth definitely showed with turnovers as well. Need to figure out a rotation in a close game that can both play D and get a bucket if needed. I know Omot is our future but to me he didn't appear willing to carry us offensively down the stretch with a defensive oriented lineup playing. I think we win this game a month from now. Excited to see the season play out. We are going to be the team other teams don't like playing it appears. 

I really hope Omot can take that lead scoring role over full steam very soon! I wonder what is holding him back from doing that? He is very capable of doing it. You can see other guys on the court look to try and get him the ball late game and late shot clock situations. Just needs to take it and believe that he can be that lead scorer. 

• Like 1

At times, today, we looked like we can play with anyone.  First half was best ball movement of the season with good looks as a result.  Second half, for some reason, we had long periods where we had no shooters on the floor.  Norman didn’t play at all and Trey was part time.  Nero and Seuker barely played.  We had no outside risk and they could overplay knowing they weren’t worried about weak side open 3.  Trent can’t shoot them and Elijah doesn’t want to take them even when they are open.  Someone has to learn to take a wide open 10 to 12 footer rather than wait for 5 seconds left on the shot clock and drive into 4 guys without getting movement.  Gave up the lead with too many turnovers and bad shot selection. Absolutely have to have an outside shooting threat on the floor.  If the idea was we need a defensive unit, not sure how that thought worked since we gave up over 50 in the second half….  We did show we can play against a good team today, but now have to take a step forward to show that we can actually finish a game and not fall to pieces when we have the game in hand.  The freshman are going to be fun to watch, though.

• Like 1

I didn’t get to finish watching the game but reading comments and criticisms I can tell you it’s because of very young team on the floor. But watching them first half this young group is by far our best talent and playing better basketball. The problem is when they are playing quality experienced teams they are being taken advantage of this lack of experience so this group going to have to learn how to win games like today. For all those calling for coaches heads remember we wanted up grade in talent and we all seen it today but that talent needs seasoning that only comes from playing. Number of posters today seen improvement team since beginning of the year but you forget that comes back to coaching. The coaching is identifying the talent and improving their playing by what they see in games like today but as they fix one part of teams game something comes up. I am much more optimistic this year we have more talent and this new talent has much higher sealing than we have had in past several seasons. My only fear about this team  and continues to be in this era of transferring is loosing this talent we’re developing because if we can see it other schools also see it and even if it’s against the rules their is recruiting from other schools through back channels and grass always sounds greener other side of the hill. I expect us continue to improve and we may make runn at the end of the season. The one thing for sure they will be a lot more fun to watch this year than last year and I don’t think anybody in the conference is going to assume it’s automatic win playing us.

This just hurts. If you would have said prior to the game that we lost by 2 in OT I would have probably been okay with that. But with how well we played in the first half and then how poorly we played in the second it just stings. 

I do think last night we are seeing how our rotation is going to be cut though. Need more Eaglestaff minutes I think though. 

• Upvote 1