9 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

It is very frustrating though

to mess up fundamentals repeatedly at crunch time 

Wow

Our out of bounds plays really need work

boxing out needs work

T needs to work on defense and getting quicker down low

Mathew’s needs more time to develope

the backing into defenders down low has to be changed, the defense has no chance, make it so if you are backing a defender down you can only have 2 dribbles to either shoot or pass or you are called for a foul.

why are we the only team that refuses to play our 2 bigs at the same time, it makes it so we have a 6 4 guy on one of their 6 10 guys, if ours foul out so be it, then you play your short guys 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Players need to make plays

a coach can (and does) yell to box out on free throws but the players need to execute 

now if they were doing a cross over play on the free throw then that’s where the coach comes in - but this is high school stuff that a college player should be aware of 

Agreed. This is why I’m not out on Sather. He’s got the game plan to keep us in it. We just need to execute at the end. Just need more experience closing games out. 

Just now, Kab said:

Our out of bounds plays really need work

boxing out needs work, I thought Brady should have been in there  when they shot free throws

T needs to work on defense and getting quicker down low

Mathew’s needs more time to develope

the backing into defenders down low has to be changed, the defense has no chance, make it so if you are backing a defender down you can only have 2 dribbles to either shoot or pass or you are called for a foul.

why are we the only team that refuses to play our 2 bigs at the same time, it makes it so we have a 6 4 guy on one of their 6 10 guys, if ours foul out so be it, then you play your short guys 

Brady fouled out

Shouldn’t of lost that game. Get one of those numerous rebounds on the free throw line it is probably over. Make some of those critical free throws and we win. Silly turnovers like the 2 turnovers on out bounds plays really costly. Wrong people taking big shots. And we got hosed by officials on numerous calls. Ibenago really not contributing at all for the most part. T is a mystery. Norman even worse almost all the time. And yet we should of won. 

Brady fouling out hurt on those last free throws shot and missed we needed his rebouding ability and his maturity on the floor. I thought he got hosed on number of those fouls today how are you going  defend when big just shoulder buts you all the way to basket. That is why they put semi circle to protect bigs down low but if your not going to call it like that they didn't need to put in semi circle. I watched WSI other night with SU and same thing looked like football game and to me that is not basketball. I thought this was poorly called game big could cross block somebody but alot of calls on the shot players had ball and hand which is part of the ball. The loss Howard slot not being on the team has hurt when we are redshirting 3 players and have Sueker  who was one of our three big, hurt has limited us. I think alot of you forget that this still very young team on floor especially today at the end we had Bruns Freshman, T and Norman Sophomores from JUCCo, Panoam and Igbangu seniors but only been playing about year mostly sitting on the bench prior 3 years and WSI was mostly senior lead team.  Even with all things happen today we were basically one play from winning this game either controlling rebound or hitting the last shot and should i also say just hitting our normal percentage of free throws would have won the game. Were 2 /12 team in conference but nobody has embarrassed on the floor much and i still think were getting better but problem is we need to win couple of more games if we want to make the tournament.

• Upvote 3