SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Northeastern

OETKB

I saw the highlights last night of the game, and typical of ESPN, they only showed the BC goals,and when they gave the score at the end, they said BC 5, and the Hawaiian football team, 3. They were referring to the Sioux team as the Hawaiian football team!! :silly: How rotten of them!! We tried to get on the ESPN website to see if there was a phone # to call, and we couldn't find one. There was a way to e-mail them, but we didn't want to do that because we would get alot of spam mail, so we didn't want to do that either. If there's anyone who can get in touch with them and tell them off for us, it would be greatly appreciated!! :)

What was the score of tonight's game anyway? I know we tied, but I don't know what the score was. It sounds like we at least played better tonight, except for the third period where there were alot of penalties. Hopefully things get better for the Sioux from here on out!

GO SIOUX!! :D:D

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the team pulls it around the next few weeks are important. I can't believe that with all the talent on the team that they are this bad. I think that the ref call have played a part but a good team would find a way. The big problem is the lack of goals and shots on goal we need to get better passing too.

FIRE HAKSTOL!!!  FIRE HAKSTOL!!!  FIRE HAKSTOL!!!  FIRE HAKSTOL!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ARE YOU KIDDING? You can't blame the coaches for that! Are you even a Sioux fan? If you were, you probably wouldn't be saying that crap! :silly:

I calls 'em as I sees 'em. Nobody need guess where I stand. Does it ruffle feathers at times? You're damn straight.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Give the coach and team time to gel!! Success doesn't come overnight!! I know Hakstol was the assistant last year under Blais, but being the head coach is completely different from being the assistant. Have some patience. The changes made in the reffing calls this year are making a little harder for everyone to adjust to, not just the Sioux.

I think UND will get it together. I said to my self if UND was .500 at the end of October UND will probably be ok. Well UND is 4-2-2 so thats better than .500.

UND has lost a lot of fire power from last year so it will take a while to get going.

I hate to say this, but I think we're going to be out of the title picture for a few years at least. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How can you predict the success of next year's team when you don't know what players UND will have, and you don't know what players any other team will have? :silly:

A little early to write the season off. :silly:

Sat 10/12/2002 W 7 vs Ohio State (nc) 2

Fri 10/18/2002 T 5 @ New Hampshire (nc) 5 ot

Sat 10/19/2002 L 1 @ New Hampshire (nc) 3

Fri 10/25/2002 W 5 @ Michigan Tech 4 Box

Sat 10/26/2002 T 3 @ Michigan Tech 3 ot Box

Fri 11/01/2002 W 12 Alabama-Huntsville (nc) 1

Sat 11/02/2002 W 4 Alabama-Huntsville (nc) 2

Fri 11/08/2002 L 2 @ Minnesota State 3

Sat 11/09/2002 W 7 @ Minnesota State 4

Fri 11/15/2002 L 3 Colorado College 7

Sat 11/16/2002 T 2 Colorado College 2 ot

5-3-3 was the Gophers start two years ago, they ended the season on a better note.

I seem to remember Denver getting the jocks handed to them in GF last season, they ended the season pretty well.

The Sioux have a lot of veterans, but many of them are trying to adjust to new roles and/or the new enforcement of the rules. I still think the players can come together and have a good year.

And Bring Dean Back - I think your looking for the St. Cloud message board. We support our coach here :D

I agree that it is early in the year, but people, wake up, we just tied Northeastern.  Not a tie with a legitimate team like BU, BC, or even a Umass.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dean ain't coming back. Life moves forward, not in reverse. Hakstol, and the

Sioux, will be just fine. Cripes almighty. This is hockey, and it is college hockey. Anything can, and often does, on any given weekend. I can't recall the last team, in most any sport, to go undefeated.

Start your crying in February when, and if, we are in danger of losing home ice in round one. Otherwise, enjoy the season, and remember the reason. Fighting Sioux. Win. Lose. Or draw. There ain't a better healed program in the country, and crying for the likes of Dean does little to nothing to advance the cause.

This years' team is a huge disappointment so far. Yes, they still have a winning record. Yes, with the coaching changes and NHL defections there is an adjustment period. However, Hak has a stable of veteran players and some great young talent. Why are teams like Mankato & Northeastern having their way with UND?

Very strange and disturbing year so far. I don't see many positives coming out of the last 6 games. The boys are not learning to avoid the penalty box. They are also not controlling the puck the way they ought to be with 6 or 7 seniors playing each night, not to mention two first round draft picks in the younger ranks.

Not that I'm going to accuse Hakstol of mismanaging the team at this early juncture. I'm just very confused and let down by the team to date.

Everyone here needs to just chill out a bit.

It is October.  Last I checked, the season doesn't end for many months.

This same NU team just beat Michigan. 

The Sioux will be fine, bring on the Tigers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. If anything the past couple of teams have peaked in November-December, only to struggle in the spring. I'd rather take our lumps now, and let the players adapt to the new coaches, and get ready for a run in March. Except for a few bandwagoneers, I don't think too many people thought this season would be a cakewalk to Columbus. :silly:

I'd hate to see this board if you all actually got off to a bad start.

RELAX.  You all will expose CC as posers next weekend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not so sure of that one. However, I think their goalie is over rated.

LETS RELAX AND REMEMBER THAT THE SEASON GOES ON TIL APRIL....LONG SEASON HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE SOME WORRIES, BUT LETS GIVE IT A FEW MORE SERIES TO SEE HOW THEY RESPOND AND THEN I THINK WE WILL HAVE A BETTER IDEA OF THE TEAM..ITS JUST WAY TO LONG OF SEASON AND THIS IS COLLEGE HOCKEY WHERE ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN AT ANY TIME.....(DENVER LAST YEAR)....GO SIOUX AND BEAT THE $%^# OUT OF CC NEXT WEEKEND...........

LETS RELAX AND REMEMBER THAT THE SEASON GOES ON TIL APRIL....LONG SEASON HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE SOME WORRIES, BUT LETS GIVE IT A FEW MORE SERIES TO SEE HOW THEY RESPOND AND THEN I THINK WE WILL HAVE A BETTER IDEA OF THE TEAM..ITS JUST WAY TO LONG OF  SEASON AND THIS IS COLLEGE HOCKEY WHERE ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN AT ANY TIME.....(DENVER LAST YEAR)....GO SIOUX AND BEAT THE $%^# OUT OF CC NEXT WEEKEND...........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well said, AZSIOUX. We've got six months left, you can't be already whining about how you hate Hakstol and want Blais to come back.

It think we have every right to be upset as sioux fans by the dissapointing play?

Blaise came in his first year.....inheriting a undisciplined team and built the sioux into a big green army tank! Those guys were amazing to watch and built the program up over the next 10 years.......

BUt it's amazing that a single coach can take the last 10 years and reduce the prgram to chump players, out of control, taking ridculous penalites. This team so far has ZERO DIRECTION!!

They can't stay out of the penlaty box, are getting out shot 3-1 per game, and have shown about as much excitment on offense as the 2 for 1 buffet at the senior center.\

Right now I am concerned over the coaching decision in choosing Hakstol........if thigns dont get back on track soon this team literally will be the laughing stock of college hockey