SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Milwaukee (11/9 7 PM)

SWSiouxMN

3 minutes ago, Kab said:

29% in our gym, ?

The numbers are the numbers.  UND missed too many open shots tonight.  There isn't any excusing it.

Nero can't shoot 2-17 from the field.  Panoam can't go 1-5 from the field.  Sueker can't be 3-8 from the field.  

However... I believe that it is fixable.  I would lean that this was more bad shooting than bad offense.   I would be more concerned if the offense looked awful in terms of flow and running it.  

If all else fails, buy new baskets 

Tough shooting night.  I like how Bruns and Mathews look.  Norman and Tsotsne will contribute offensively once they adjust to the DI game.  Lots of players still finding their role. Looks to be a tough year.  

The biggest question I had after leaving the game tho was how did we not have our cheerleaders at the game.  First game of the season and no cheerleaders?  Weird. Also, not a fan of the video for the player intros.  

9 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Tough shooting night.  I like how Bruns and Mathews look.  Norman and Tsotsne will contribute offensively once they adjust to the DI game.  Lots of players still finding their role. Looks to be a tough year.  

The biggest question I had after leaving the game tho was how did we not have our cheerleaders at the game.  First game of the season and no cheerleaders?  Weird. Also, not a fan of the video for the player intros.  

The exciting part is that there is the potential to have T and Norman for 3 years instead of the usual 2.  Just got to get the new pieces to gel with the regulars. 

It appeared we struggled with their length and athleticism, which contributed to the shooting issues. Heard footsteps before they were there. 

Not a fan of some of Milwaukee's antics. Some of the stuff coming from the bench but particularly the guard that would stand next to the free throw shooter and start waving his arms during the shot. 

If Bruns, Norman and T can adjust early in their UND careers, this team has a chance. Those three young guys have the potential to be big contributors quickly. 

10 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The numbers are the numbers.  UND missed too many open shots tonight.  There isn't any excusing it.

Nero can't shoot 2-17 from the field.  Panoam can't go 1-5 from the field.  Sueker can't be 3-8 from the field.  

However... I believe that it is fixable.  I would lean that this was more bad shooting than bad offense.   I would be more concerned if the offense looked awful in terms of flow and running it.  

We practiced with smaller rims to make us concentrate harder, don’t know if they do that anymore 

13 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

2-17 holy sh*t.  I didn't even know that was possible.  I guess anything is mathematically but wow.

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

2-17 holy sh*t.  I didn't even know that was possible.  I guess anything is mathematically but wow.

I doubt That will ever happen again.

for one, I would hope someone else would be playing instead of him

coach must have Confidence in him and he must have confidence in himself.

I went 4-17 once but shot 50% from the field for the year