SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

4 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

But they split with us…

Ha!  I thought UNO had a good team this year, but that argument is silly.
Penn State beat us.  Their season is over.
Cornell swept us AT HOME.  Their season is over.

Now that UNO's season is over, Berry should be on the phone getting Ward here for his bonus year.  :) 

• Upvote 2

Just now, brianvf said:

Now that UNO's season is over, Berry should be on the phone getting Ward here for his bonus year.  :) 

That was a snarky reply to a snarky comment. UNO plays good hockey. My bad as Ward won’t play the bonus year, I know one scout that was very interested in him.

14 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

That was a snarky reply to a snarky comment. UNO plays good hockey. My bad as Ward won’t play the bonus year, I know one scout that was very interested in him.

Haha, just giving you a hard time, no worries.  ;)

Wouldn't surprise me on Ward if he feels it is time for him to move on...he certainly has a lethal enough shot to make it at the next level.
If by some miracle he does happen to play an extra year, I really hope Berry is all in on him.  Would be cool to have a legacy high skill player like him join the team.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

You were the one so confident in Omaha stating that this is a different Omaha team when people were picking Western.  The fact that there are players on Omaha that weren’t alive the last time Omaha made the semifinals suggests your confidence was misplaced.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tnt said:

You were the one so confident in Omaha stating that this is a different Omaha team when people were picking Western.  The fact that there are players on Omaha that weren’t alive the last time Omaha made the semifinals suggests your confidence was misplaced.

Omaha?  More like Blow-ma-ha...;)

6 hours ago, brianvf said:

He certainly will go pro but if his old man and Bubs could convince him to go to UND next year for 1 kick at the can for a Natty, that would be nothing but amazing. I’ll give this less than a 15% chance of happening. 

3 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Can someone do a quick recap/post and list all the teams who’s seasons are over? Thx. 

No number in the blue column, no more 2021-22 season. 

Only a number under AQ, it’s win the conference tourney or 2021-22 is over. 

The anomaly is Ohio State: they are left to watch TV and hope the 40% At Large chance breaks their way as they have no more games scheduled.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/probabilityMatrix.php 

Way too early 2022-23 predictions:

- teams that kept a whole batch of super seniors (SCSU, WMU, UMD) will drop a place or two next season

- CC will be next season’s big riser in the standings: that system they play is reminiscent of Mankato in the late 1990s, a total counter-punching  lockdown. 

9 hours ago, tnt said:

It was a different omaha team, and they took western to the edge in both games. Yeah, I know we swept western but the season isn’t over. Omaha played the top 4 even this year, when was the last time that happened? I think they have a lot to solve to be a regular threat, but this years team was close. Granted, the real test is next year, they are losing significant offense.

2 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

It was a different omaha team, and they took western to the edge in both games. Yeah, I know we swept western but the season isn’t over. Omaha played the top 4 even this year, when was the last time that happened? I think they have a lot to solve to be a regular threat, but this years team was close. Granted, the real test is next year, they are losing significant offense.

You mean Gabinet will have to coach and not just grouse? 

There’s a really chance that the NCAA “east” will be represented by Q’piac, UMass, UM-Lowell, N’eastern, and AIC this year and the other ELEVEN all come from west of the “Midwest” regional in Pennsylvania … heck, that “east” would be all east of the Albany, NY, regional.