SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

I'm looking for anyone who can help me out with pics of the backs of the Sioux '87's as done by AZSIOUX. If memory serves me right, the back of the greenies were simply number only...nameplates weren't added to the road jerseys until 1990 or so...

I don't have a picture of the 87 team, but there is a picture of Archibald in the Fight on Sioux book from the 84-85 season. There is no name on the back. I'm also nearly certain you are correct about there being no name on the back of the greens in 86-87.

We have a picture of a replica 87 that was sold by the Sioux Boosters on our website. If you look at the picture on page 91 of the media guide you will see that the names were on the back of the white jerseys in 87. They did not have names on the green away jerseys. There is also a link to the media guide on our site under the schedule, team info section.

Hope that helps.

I was actually looking at your site earlier today. I was pretty certain the late '80's era home jerseys had a white nameplate with green color block names on the back. The numbers were green outlined in black. I've seen some replicas with no nameplate and letters stitched directly on the back...some green, some green outlined with black, both technically incorrect.

Your web site is very nice and was indeed helpful...great work!

I don't have a picture of the 87 team, but there is a picture of Archibald in the Fight on Sioux book from the 84-85 season. There is no name on the back. I'm also nearly certain you are correct about there being no name on the back of the greens in 86-87.

I was browsing thru Fight on Sioux today too. What's funny is looking back on the 1970's and early 1980's, you'd swear that as opposed to the nice jerseys that are worn today, it looked like the team wore jerseys screenprinted for your local D league boot hockey team. :blush:

AZSIOUX,

Recieved my 87 Retro today, and it's awesome! Thanks!! If anyone is thinking about getting one, DO IT!!

thanks again bob for the trade! thats one i was missing replica wise. glad you like the 87. they are my favorites!

AZSIOUX,

Recieved my 87 Retro today, and it's awesome! Thanks!! If anyone is thinking about getting one, DO IT!!

I bought both the white and green versions. I concur with you, Bob. They're at Cunningham Sports right now getting numbers (both) and and a nameplate (white jersey) sewn on. I can't wait to see the final results.

I bought both the white and green versions. I concur with you, Bob. They're at Cunningham Sports right now getting numbers (both) and and a nameplate (white jersey) sewn on. I can't wait to see the final results.

thanks MM, what players are you getting on them? i didnt even realize there were not names on green 87's. good to know

thanks MM, what players are you getting on them? i didnt even realize there were not names on green 87's. good to know

I'll be getting #19 on mine. While that was property of Russ Romaniuk during my hey-day at UND, I'll be going with my favorite name on the back...my own. :D

569b_0.JPG57d7_0.JPG

RACE FOR #8 SPECIAL ON 87 RETROS - have medium, large and x-large available - thanks and go sioux!

110.00 total with shipping for 1

200.00 total shipping for 2

they run a little big and here are the arm pit to arm pit dimensions for sizing - top quality. embroidered crest and patches - all heat sealed and double sewn.

medium - 27 inches - a couple left in each color

large - 28 1/4 inches

x=large - 29 1/4 inches

569b_0.JPG57d7_0.JPG

RACE FOR #8 SPECIAL ON 87 RETROS - have medium, large and x-large available - thanks and go sioux!

they run a little big and here are the arm pit to arm pit dimensions for sizing - top quality. embroidered crest and patches - all heat sealed and double sewn.

medium - 27 inches - 2 left in white, 2 in green

large - 28 1/4 inches

x=large - 29 1/4 inches

Not exactly AZsioux related,but

I got my birthday present from my wife in the mail today.

None other than a white 87 retro w/ the tomahawks. My first Jersey.

Ebay rules, thanks to COREY in Cloquet.

Guys, it obviously pays to buy your wife a Coach purse for V-day!

I hope this is the first of many sioux jerseys.

All husbands......take note! This is a very smart man here. :D

Be careful, collecting jerseys can be addictive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was thinking about starting my own jersey collection but not sure where the place to shop for the older ones. i don't need game worn ones but would like one of each style and color. any suggestions

if you want 87 retros i have some left in each size. pm me if interested, thanks. will list details below this post

569b_0.JPG57d7_0.JPG

medium - 27 inches

large - 28 1/4 inches

x=large - 29 1/4 inches

569b_0.JPG57d7_0.JPG

medium - 27 inches - 1 green left - 2 whites left

large - 28 1/4 inches - 2 green left

x=large - 29 1/4 inches