SiouxSports.com Forum

Belfour Spirits

SIOUXFAN97

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Has anyone tried Eddie's whiskey...sounds like Hennesy can't wait to get his hands on a bottle or two.  How much are they?

And is Eddie in Omaha in the bubble because I heard someone say that the "the Eagle has Landed in Omaha.'

Haven't tried yet. You can find the product at the Right Spot.  Hope it's good, kind of pricey.

12 minutes ago, Davlun said:

Haven't tried yet. You can find the product at the Right Spot.  Hope it's good, kind of pricey.

Based on what it is, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. Young, sourced whiskey at a really high price point. 

That being said, bottle is very cool and has the UND/Eddie Belfour ties which can justify some of the cost for certain people. But if you're looking for legitimately good whiskey/bourbon, you can do better at easily half the price. I'll pick one or two up for a conversation piece.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

EDIT: In all fairness it's coming up at a much more reasonable price at Total Wine.  

https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/american-whiskey/rye-whiskey/belfour-rye-whiskey/p/227262750

19 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

EDIT: In all fairness it's coming up at a much more reasonable price at Total Wine.  

https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/american-whiskey/rye-whiskey/belfour-rye-whiskey/p/227262750

The limited edition (with the Stanley Cup-like stopper) originally retailed for $300 (100 proof, aged 2 years). Your second link is the regular rye (94 proof, aged 1 year). The cool Stanley Cup thing vs. a bottle of Mac18 would be a struggle.

Here's a decent write-up on them:
https://thewhiskeywash.com/reviews/whiskey-review-round-up-belfour-spirits/

The rye in this release is definitely more interesting than the regular rye.  It's still VERY young. I still think the Belfour Bourbon was the best of the 3.  It would be a fun collectable to have, but it is not an $85 whiskey in my opinion.

Screenshot_20201208-122203_Whizzky.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/7/2020 at 2:48 PM, jdub27 said:

Based on what it is, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. Young, sourced whiskey at a really high price point. 

That being said, bottle is very cool and has the UND/Eddie Belfour ties which can justify some of the cost for certain people. But if you're looking for legitimately good whiskey/bourbon, you can do better at easily half the price. I'll pick one or two up for a conversation piece.

I found  redbreast whiskey in Montana. It was very good and didn't cost $85 a bottle like Belfours. 

• 1 month later...