SiouxSports.com Forum

College hockey 2020-2021 viewing thread

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

18 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Seems the CHN app is "off by day" for each of the ASU games. (I'll trust ASU's tweet over CHN.)

I've checked NBCSN: They are showing Wisconsin@NotreDame tomorrow (Fri Nov 13). 

Notre Dame hockey is going to get some serious exposure on one of the most widely available sports networks. Wouldn't be shocked if they see some NBC airtime with no NHL.

13 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Notre Dame hockey is going to get some serious exposure on one of the most widely available sports networks. Wouldn't be shocked if they see some NBC airtime with no NHL.

Reading that, you have me wondering ... if a programming starved network (beyond MidcoSN) might eyeball the NCHC Hub. 

Looking at you CBSSN. 

41 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Reading that, you have me wondering ... if a programming starved network (beyond MidcoSN) might eyeball the NCHC Hub. 

Looking at you CBSSN. 

Nah, they got plenty of Division III football to show.

I would suggest that you make sure that your NCHC pass was billed correctly by Sidearm.  I was just double billed by Sidearm sports for the service.  I had an issue watching in early October, so I contacted them and they said I needed to renew to continue pulling up the archived games that I wanted to watch.  They billed me then, and just billed me again for the all-access pass (at two different rates as well??). 

I have had an all-access pass ever since this started and this is the second time that this has happened.  Their site is extremely poor for billing and does not auto-renew the way it is supposed to for the customers.  Sidearm has still not fixed access to Apple TV, as I just got the newest Apple TV this summer and cannot go back to view many archived games further back than January 2020 on that product.  I have watched games on many different browsers (IE, Edge, Safari, Chrome, etc.) and it is different on all of them as far as the serviceability.  Not sure how the newest Apple TV will work for live games, but it is time for the NCHC to put the hammer down on these guys to improve their customer service and overall performance.  This "pod" system will put a huge strain on Sidearm that I do not think they will be able to handle.

3 hours ago, KSSioux said:

I would suggest that you make sure that your NCHC pass was billed correctly by Sidearm.  I was just double billed by Sidearm sports for the service.  I had an issue watching in early October, so I contacted them and they said I needed to renew to continue pulling up the archived games that I wanted to watch.  They billed me then, and just billed me again for the all-access pass (at two different rates as well??). 

I have had an all-access pass ever since this started and this is the second time that this has happened.  Their site is extremely poor for billing and does not auto-renew the way it is supposed to for the customers.  Sidearm has still not fixed access to Apple TV, as I just got the newest Apple TV this summer and cannot go back to view many archived games further back than January 2020 on that product.  I have watched games on many different browsers (IE, Edge, Safari, Chrome, etc.) and it is different on all of them as far as the serviceability.  Not sure how the newest Apple TV will work for live games, but it is time for the NCHC to put the hammer down on these guys to improve their customer service and overall performance.  This "pod" system will put a huge strain on Sidearm that I do not think they will be able to handle.

They need to get their act together over there.  Every year i get an email asking me to subscribe even though I've already auto-renewed.  How hard is it to separate current subscribers from potential subscribers?  Like one click of the mouse in Excel?

Also, the league wide annual pass is more expensive than the individual school pass this year.  Previously, you used to get the Early Bird special and have the opportunity to get the league wide pass for the same rate as the school pass.  I hope they don't assume everyone will want to auto-renew at the higher rate.

Question for those who have the league pass and had subscription auto renewed:

I received two emails at same time. First email was a transaction receipt saying I was charged $109.95 which my CC reflects. Second email says the NCHC Friends and Family sale renewal is $101.95? There was no tax.

Just wondering if others got these emails with different pricing. Unless Sidearm is taking $8 for themselves each transaction. I do miss Nuelion. Feels like took a step backwards with Sidearm.

@KSSiouxI have an Apple TV 4K, live games were excellent. Had no issue*. 

*I do have the Apple TV hard wired and I have Midco Gig internet. 

3 hours ago, Blackheart said:

They need to get their act together over there.  Every year i get an email asking me to subscribe even though I've already auto-renewed.  How hard is it to separate current subscribers from potential subscribers?  Like one click of the mouse in Excel?

Also, the league wide annual pass is more expensive than the individual school pass this year.  Previously, you used to get the Early Bird special and have the opportunity to get the league wide pass for the same rate as the school pass.  I hope they don't assume everyone will want to auto-renew at the higher rate.

This is what happened to my subscription.  They said the current subscription did not auto-renew when they had listed (early October, I believe October 3rd), so I had to re-subscribe.  They said that was the only way to keep my subscription up to date.  I paid for that, and they said it would be at the lowered rate.  It was not and now the other subscription auto-renewed at the right rate.  I e-mailed them and they verified this.  They also sent me five emails saying my subscription was cancelled.  When I responded back to say that I just wanted my money back for the early subscription at the high rate, and to be subscribed with the other rate, they said that was the case.  Not sure why I got five cancellation e-mails within a 10 minute time frame.

Also, I pointed out this issue back in October and it did happen as I thought.  That is why I paid attention to my e-mails and my credit card statement.

13 hours ago, KSSioux said:

This is what happened to my subscription.  They said the current subscription did not auto-renew when they had listed (early October, I believe October 3rd), so I had to re-subscribe.  They said that was the only way to keep my subscription up to date.  I paid for that, and they said it would be at the lowered rate.  It was not and now the other subscription auto-renewed at the right rate.  I e-mailed them and they verified this.  They also sent me five emails saying my subscription was cancelled.  When I responded back to say that I just wanted my money back for the early subscription at the high rate, and to be subscribed with the other rate, they said that was the case.  Not sure why I got five cancellation e-mails within a 10 minute time frame.

Also, I pointed out this issue back in October and it did happen as I thought.  That is why I paid attention to my e-mails and my credit card statement.

I just received 2 emails telling me that my subscription was canceled.  What a shi+ show.

On 11/12/2020 at 3:14 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Share what you hear about where to watch here. Tips on trials to Sling, YouTubeTV, etc. are appreciated too. With no pros playing right now, this is college hockey's chance to shine. Cheers!

2 extra BTN channels and both have the same football game on.  Rutgers vs. Illinois....awesome!  Or is the time listed in pacific or mountain time?  Can't remember which state doesn't switch from DST, Nevada or Arizona?  

Anyone remember what the original price for NCHC.tv was? IIRC, as long as you remain a subscriber every year you are supposed to get the original price. Is my memory correct? I had trouble with Sidearm last year. They used an expired date so my credit card was rejected. I gave them the correct date and then they charged me the current amount - $112.95 or whatever it is. After a couple of emails I get a little money back. But now I see that they have charged me the full amount - twice. Arggghhh.

38 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Anyone remember what the original price for NCHC.tv was? IIRC, as long as you remain a subscriber every year you are supposed to get the original price. Is my memory correct? I had trouble with Sidearm last year. They used an expired date so my credit card was rejected. I gave them the correct date and then they charged me the current amount - $112.95 or whatever it is. After a couple of emails I get a little money back. But now I see that they have charged me the full amount - twice. Arggghhh.

It’s total amateur hour over there...they should be handling the St Cloud games.;)