SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (1-3) @ Minnesota (2-3) 11/24 6 PM

SWSiouxMN

5 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

You think much higher about Jarvis than I do, I watched him quite a few times in HS and always came away with the same thought:  What am I missing?

Had his best game of the season tonight. Always plays with that energy and tenacity but finished a few more plays tonight. Probably his 2nd best game of his young Gopher career. Didn't know he had that post move and finish with the left hand in him though.

Just now, SiouxScore said:

Had his best game of the season tonight. Always plays with that energy and tenacity but finished a few more plays tonight. Probably his 2nd best game of his young Gopher career. Didn't know he had that post move and finish with the left hand in him though.

This was probably the first time I could say.. okay, I see why people are so high on him.

I just never was gaga about him the few times I saw him play at Orono, but if he does figure it out, I'm okay with that. 

5 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

This was probably the first time I could say.. okay, I see why people are so high on him.

I just never was gaga about him the few times I saw him play at Orono, but if he does figure it out, I'm okay with that. 

Last year when he was in his head was spinning and he tried to shoot the ball from the outside with a really ugly shot. I'm glad to see he is playing inside more and he has definitely added some muscle. He has definitely improved and I hope he can continue to progress.

The UND big Rebraca(sp?) impressed me tonight. They chose to leave him with Oturu 1-on-1 a lot defensively and he did well. Definitely frustrated Daniel a little at times.

I have watched parts of last three games UND has played and I guess I having hard time to figure out what were doing and second I have seen no improvement in the team ball security. Maybe somebody can tell me what kind of offense were running to me its looks like what you get when you get a pickup game or all star game where players are trying to create there own offense instead of team offense where ball moved around the half court to get the shot your looking for. This style offense is going to take above average offensive players and I just don't see where were going to be able to recruit enough talent to run this offense. If we play this style of basketball I just don't see us winning many division I games or at all. Also it very hard to watch us play right now. I would like to hear what other people think but I don't see how this style of basketball is going to work in division I at this level  to hard to beat players one on one and then your likely to going see help if you do beat a individual player. I also wonder about playing so many different players your not getting players used to playing with each other and again its increasing the number of turnovers. Most basketball teams usually get themselves down to about 8 man rotational with other people just fulfilling different type of roles. I guess I can see coach trying to figure out what he's got but at some point you got to start playing seriously to win and teach your players the formula you have for winning. Again I would like to hear some other thoughts about what's going on and if I am missing something I sure like to hear it. Also I don't want to hear how bare the cupboard  there is enough talent on this to compete I believe win. 

8 hours ago, ND-fan said:

I have watched parts of last three games UND has played and I guess I having hard time to figure out what were doing and second I have seen no improvement in the team ball security. Maybe somebody can tell me what kind of offense were running to me its looks like what you get when you get a pickup game or all star game where players are trying to create there own offense instead of team offense where ball moved around the half court to get the shot your looking for. This style offense is going to take above average offensive players and I just don't see where were going to be able to recruit enough talent to run this offense. If we play this style of basketball I just don't see us winning many division I games or at all. Also it very hard to watch us play right now. I would like to hear what other people think but I don't see how this style of basketball is going to work in division I at this level  to hard to beat players one on one and then your likely to going see help if you do beat a individual player. I also wonder about playing so many different players your not getting players used to playing with each other and again its increasing the number of turnovers. Most basketball teams usually get themselves down to about 8 man rotational with other people just fulfilling different type of roles. I guess I can see coach trying to figure out what he's got but at some point you got to start playing seriously to win and teach your players the formula you have for winning. Again I would like to hear some other thoughts about what's going on and if I am missing something I sure like to hear it. Also I don't want to hear how bare the cupboard  there is enough talent on this to compete I believe win. 

You do realize we have a new cook, oven not level, sink leaks, and floor needs sweeping.
Seriously, there are many bright spots, it's still early.