SiouxSports.com Forum

Let's Help Bubba 4

UND Fan

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 11:56 PM, UND Fan said:

As siouxsports.com members have done in recent years, we will again try to assist the football team in a very important way - keeping them healthy!

As you likely know, UND is utilizing Guardian Caps during practice sessions this fall.  These caps fit on the outside of players' existing helmets to make them more flexible and soft.  They are able to more effectively absorb energy and mitigate repetitive, cumulative blows to the head.  While protecting the players from head injuries during their playing careers is important, these caps can certainly help a player from incurring long term, debilitating head injuries.  Today, the team has 35 Guardian Caps that are used by athletes playing certain positions.  It would be great if we as ss.com members could raise the $3,500 necessary to provide the caps to all team members.

As they have done in the past, the Alumni Foundation is creating a Crowdfunding website for this effort.  All donations are tax deductible if you itemize.  I will post the link as soon as it is available.  

For consistency, I decided to stay with the "Let's Help Bubba" name again this year.  While I do not want to get into this discussion, I know some ss.com members are not necessarily big Bubba fans.  Please set those thoughts aside and think about how we can help the team and the health of our players!

If you have any questions, please let me know either on this thread or by PM.

Thanks in advance for your participation!

The website is up and running:

https://undalumni.org/Bubba4?

Any donation you can make will be greatly appreciated - no matter the amount.  It would be great if we could hit the $3,500 quickly and move on to another area that would help the team.

Let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2019 at 10:38 AM, UND Fan said:

The website is up and running:

https://undalumni.org/Bubba4?

Any donation you can make will be greatly appreciated - no matter the amount.  It would be great if we could hit the $3,500 quickly and move on to another area that would help the team.

Let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

Thanks!

We hit our goal within 24 hours and are at $4,160 as of right now.  The extra $ will be a good start towards another of the program's wants/needs.  I hope to have Let's Help Bubba 5 up and running by Friday.  However, the coaching staff has some other priorities this week so it may be early next week before "5" is ready!

Thanks to everyone for their help!  

3 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

We hit our goal within 24 hours and are at $4,160 as of right now.  The extra $ will be a good start towards another of the program's wants/needs.  I hope to have Let's Help Bubba 5 up and running by Friday.  However, the coaching staff has some other priorities this week so it may be early next week before "5" is ready!

Thanks to everyone for their help!  

Do you know what need Bubba 5 will address?

8 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

No, that is why I said it may be next week as the coaching staff provides me with their request.  They probably have higher priorities for the next few days.

Understand.

It's like this is prime week for this kind of thing, keep it coming!  Surely, Bubba and team will appreciate.

• Upvote 1

Rather than take the time to create Let's Help Bubba 5, we will extend Bubba 4 to include knee braces for our offensive linemen.  If you remember, our first Help Bubba raised funds for these knee braces.  UND wants their OL to have the best braces available.  

We have now raised $4,460 - the new goal will be $6,500!

Any contribution amount will help - thanks! 

Link remains the same:  https://undalumni.org/Bubba4?

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

While I certainly share the same concerns that have been posted over the last few weeks, I am pleased to report some good news.  We have surpassed the $12,000 LHB4 goal enabling the FB team to purchase the Guardian caps for all 100+ players and specialized knee braces for all offensive linemen.  Whatever we think about coaching changes, coaching philosophies, recruiting challenges, the atmosphere at the AL, etc., the need to assist the program with $ will not go away.  Thank you to all that helped.  If the Alumni Foundation had your address, you should have received a thank you note from Bubba within the last few days.

Thanks again!1

Maybe the next campaign should be lets help the Football Program??

3 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Maybe the next campaign should be lets help the Football Program??

As I stated in the first post (see below), I considered making that change this time around but decided not to for consistency and to assist the Alumni folks in getting the contribution site up and running as soon as possible.  It will likely have a new name next year!

"For consistency, I decided to stay with the "Let's Help Bubba" name again this year.  While I do not want to get into this discussion, I know some ss.com members are not necessarily big Bubba fans.  Please set those thoughts aside and think about how we can help the team and the health of our players!" 

26 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

While I certainly share the same concerns that have been posted over the last few weeks, I am pleased to report some good news.  We have surpassed the $12,000 LHB4 goal enabling the FB team to purchase the Guardian caps for all 100+ players and specialized knee braces for all offensive linemen.  Whatever we think about coaching changes, coaching philosophies, recruiting challenges, the atmosphere at the AL, etc., the need to assist the program with $ will not go away.  Thank you to all that helped.  If the Alumni Foundation had your address, you should have received a thank you note from Bubba within the last few days.

Thanks again!1

Thank you, good work!

• Upvote 1