SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 HOF Class of 2019

Siouxperfan7

The back to back to back Championship teams will always be remembered for winning it all.  But really they remind us of era of dominance that is rarely seen in any sport. Hockey's run from 1997-2017 was pretty damn impressive, but the 19 year run from the early 90's through the mid 2000's might have been more impressive!!

UND womens basketball stats from the 1989-1990 season through the 2007-2008 season (19 seasons):

• Record:  516-78
  • NCC Championships:  11
  • NCAA Tournament Appearances:  19 (consecutive)
  • NCAA Elite 8:  7
  • NCAA Runner Up:  1
  • NCAA Championships:  3

The Golden era of basketball at UND and the womens program was the crown jewel!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

The one thing I will always remember about the 1997 team was the Regional Championship game in Fargo against the Bison.  Remember that for most of the decade, NDSU women's basketball was king.  They had played in the last 6 National Championship games, winning 5 of them.  Going into that game UND had everything stacked against them.  NDSU was the 4 time defending National Champions, had beaten UND the last 5 meetings including the previous years Regional Final, and were currently undefeated (28-0) going into that game against UND.  And UND went into Fargo against all those odds and beat them.  And that changed everything.  The Sioux had finally gotten over the hump and taken down the giant.  Of course we all know what happened after that, 3 straight National Championships as well as another title game appearance.  One could argue the balance of power shifted over to UND and has been that way ever since.  One of the biggest moments in UND athletics history.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The one thing I will always remember about the 1997 team was the Regional Championship game in Fargo against the Bison.  Remember that for most of the decade, NDSU women's basketball was king.  They had played in the last 6 National Championship games, winning 5 of them.  Going into that game UND had everything stacked against them.  NDSU was the 4 time defending National Champions, had beaten UND the last 5 meetings including the previous years Regional Final, and were currently undefeated (28-0) going into that game against UND.  And UND went into Fargo against all those odds and beat them.  And that changed everything.  The Sioux had finally gotten over the hump and taken down the giant.  Of course we all know what happened after that, 3 straight National Championships as well as another title game appearance.  One could argue the balance of power shifted over to UND and has been that way ever since.  One of the biggest moments in UND athletics history.

Does anybody have a link to this game

just rewatched the 1997 championship game and loved it

40 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

If I remember right UND was losing by 10+ pts late in the game and it looked like another loss before going a nice run to finish the game. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Does anybody have a link to this game

just rewatched the 1997 championship game and loved it

I’ve tried to find footage of this game, contacted the schools and athletic departments and i got nothing. 

7 minutes ago, Big Green said:

If I remember right UND was losing by 10+ pts late in the game and it looked like another loss before going a nice run to finish the game. 

Down 10 with about 5 minutes left. Roebuck called a timeout and Tiffany put the team on her back and ended on a 19-2 run. 

• Upvote 2

I used to have a handful of the 2001 & 2003 football playoffs and championship games on VHS. Might have to dig around once more and see if I can come up with them. They seem to have disappeared one of the many times I've moved. 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...