SiouxSports.com Forum

Who's Your Favorite UND hockey Player?

Guest #1SiouxHockeyFan11

Who Is or Was Your Favorite UND Hockey Player?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is or Was Your Favorite UND Hockey Player?

• Zach Parise
    • Brandon Bochenski
    • Matt Greene
    • Matt Jones
    • David Lundbohm
    • Brady Murray
    • Mike Prpich
    • Drew Stafford
    • Andy Schneider
    • Other

Although there probably are plenty of players that were/are better, I like Cary Eades (that gives away my age!). He always had this kind of goofy evil grin on his face right before he checked someone hard into the boards... I loved that!

Zach is a great player, but there were some guys in the past who played with unforgettable style, and accomplished more than him while here.

Not a knock on Zach...it's just that, for me, it's a toss up between players like:

Mark Taylor - He and Smail used to make defensemen (& goalies) look silly. I must have seen them skate in 2-on-zero half a dozen times in a single season, with their signature pass-pass-pass-score move.

Jeff Panzer - Fast and tenacious. Hometown hero. Gopher killer.

Cary Eades - You have to be insane to jump into the Wisconsin bench in their arena. That fight will never be forgotten by anyone who saw it. Very possibly the best hockey fight of all time. The fans were involved. Chaos. Oh, and he scored a whole lot of points that year, too.

Your poll you got should be worded favorite player from the last season.

There are many more players that are better than half on that list. Mike P isn't even in my top thirty favorite players players.

I would have to say some of my favorite players were:

Justin Duberman, Landon Wilson, Greg Johnson, Zach Parise, Jason Blake, Curtis Murphy, Nick Naminko, Brandon Bochenski, The Panzer Divison, Karl G. etc...

Edited by Goon

Top 5:

1. Karl Goehring (Best goalie ever for UND, makes up for size with heart)

2. Jake Brandt (Great guy all around, bigger leader than most people realize)

3. Matt Greene (One of the funniest guys I've met, first goal brought back memories of Commodore)

4. Zach Parise (Down to earth despite the hype and loved watching him head-dive into the net to retrieve the puck for other players' first goals.)

5. Mike Commodore (Gotta love the hair!)

Mike Burgraff:

The nicest guy off the nice but on the ice was questionable. Always hustled, usually on the penalty kill, and whenever the whistle blew you had to find him if he was on the ice because he usualy did something. A fan favorite from the 70's.

There are so many great Sioux players, current and former, it is hard to pick just a couple out.

No real order.

#1) Zach Parise - You can't teach discipline, motivation and commitment like Zach

possesses.

#2) Karl Goehring - Pound for pound the best player ever in a Sioux jersey.

#3) Dave Archibald - 540 career PIM at UND, enough said.

#4) Tony Hrkac - 1987 national championship and still playing pro hockey!

#5) Any Sioux player who has laid out a Golden Rodent on his a$$ after a somwhat clean hit!

GO SIOUX!

I can't believe no one has mentioned Brent Bobyck. Now that guy could FLY up and down the ice...he was really something to watch on the penalty kill.

Someone did mention Curtish Murphy...I read the other day that he signed a contract to go play in Russia. Too bad he never got a real shot in the show...one of my favorite college players.