SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (9-15, 3-8) @ SDSU (19-6, 9-1) 2/9 4:15 PM

SWSiouxMN

UND was hurt today a lot by not having Avants in the line up. Rebracas is going to be heck of player before he is done here if we can keep him I am afraid he is candidate for large division one school to try to steel away. The players returning next year should be good core to build around and if we can add another top quality guard that can drive and shoot we could get to be good basketball team. We also could use solid post player or large forward that could score inside and also dominate the boards for us on rebounds. I think Moody will show more improvement and physical development to play defense and I also think he can learn more about finding where he can find his shots to make him more effective. South Dakota State is best in conference this year and they have  dominate seniors Daum , King, and flatten  and when we play together and play smart we can play with this team and could beat them if we could put together full 40 minutes. Today we played with them  for a full twenty minutes and in the second half they took away our outside game and we didn't have personnel to go inside like we did in Grand Forks. I look at this club when they execute like they have been coached to play this is pretty good basketball team and when they don't they can look pretty bad. I also thought they got tired today and it showed in their shooting and defensive play. Here again I believe this is because loss of Avant and then Walter being in foul trouble for the whole game other players had to pick up the slack. But getting back to South Dakota if this is the best in conference were not that far away from contending in this conference. I also believe next year we will not have this being new school in conference treatment that we get little more benefit of call especially when were on our home court. To go along with that I would think scheduling might improve for us next year also. I also look around teams that have beaten us with authority are more senior lead and next year will be back to building a winner again so I see us with opportunity to gain on some of these schools.

53 minutes ago, UNDhoops said:

replacing seales with a better point guard will be a huge boost. the young core is pretty good as well i think.

UND needs 1-3 players from this young core to step up outside of Moody and Rebraca.

Somehow they need Walter and Brown to take 1-2 step forward as well. 

Unless injured, Stewart needs to play every game next year.