SiouxSports.com Forum

Al Pearson Bus

Telly33

<Hopefully this post will be allowed to remain in this forum>

I'm sure most of us know or are at least aware of who Al is, but he's pretty much the undisputed #1 Sioux hockey fan of all-time.  He's been organizing Sioux hockey bus trips for the last 46 years.  He and his daughter Joanna are running one for this weekend's series in Omaha and Joanna has stated it's possible it could be the last one ever due to Al's declining health.

They are still looking for more people to sign up.  Joanna stated this morning that the bus will go no matter what, but as the numbers shake out right now the Pearsons will have to come out of pocket for the breakeven shortage at significant expense to themselves.

If anyone is on the fence about going to Omaha this weekend or is going but was planning on driving, get in touch with Joanna ASAP and get signed up for the bus instead and help them out..  Link to the info on her FB page is below.  Feel free to share the info with anyone who might be interested.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1992162090859976/

Thanks.

Really respect the time and effort both Pearson's invest in this but it seems the last year or two has been a struggle to  fill: cheap gas, team is not inspiring, someone has to sit in front of the toilet, over indulgers making numerous trips to bathroom on the way home, perhaps this has run its course. Don't  hate  on me, just sharing thoughts. God bless Al.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Really respect the time and effort both Pearson's invest in this but it seems the last year or two has been a struggle to  fill: cheap gas, team is not inspiring, someone has to sit in front of the toilet, over indulgers making numerous trips to bathroom on the way home, perhaps this has run its course. Don't  hate  on me, just sharing thoughts. God bless Al.

In 46 years of doing the bus, none of the reasons you listed are without precedent. Gas has been cheap before, the team has downright sucked(if you think this is bad check out our records from '91-'96 and you'll appreciate this year), sure someone has always had to sit in front of the toilet, and there have always been drunk people. 

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Still haven't got over the Omaha toilet incident,huh? 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Still haven't got over the Omaha toilet incident,huh? 

My post wasn't a diss just sharing some thoughts - it has been a struggle the past few years to fill the seats (I blame the Millenials (joke).