SiouxSports.com Forum

Home coming/ Potato Bowl tailgate

Fry Bread

How many people are only coming for the tailgating only?  I'm not a tailgater and I showed up about 20 minutes before kick off.  Couldn't believe the great parking spot I got as there were a lot of great spot available from the people that were leaving after they finished tailgating.  There were also a large number of Student leaving because their party was done.  We need to get the tailgaters into the game.  

12 minutes ago, Big Green said:

How many people are only coming for the tailgating only?  I'm not a tailgater and I showed up about 20 minutes before kick off.  Couldn't believe the great parking spot I got as there were a lot of great spot available from the people that were leaving after they finished tailgating.  There were also a large number of Student leaving because their party was done.  We need to get the tailgaters into the game.  

The team needs to give them a reason.

4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

The team needs to give them a reason.

I was always frustrated with classmates for not choosing to continue the party in the Alerus.  Just sneak booze in and party in the stands.  Beats sitting around a campfire or kitchen table.

But, now that I think of it, I couldn't even convince them to party at the tailgate.  At least students are going to the tailgate now.  When I was there during the Muss years.  There wasn't hardly any student tailgating.

19 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Agree, but I thought there was good reason after the Sam Houston Game.  I guess some people need to see more.

Because of the past letdowns one game isn’t going to sway people. It needs to be a string of wins against known solid teams. Had we won Saturday then won the next 2 I would say a lot would have hopped on board.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I was always frustrated with classmates for not choosing to continue the party in the Alerus.  Just sneak booze in and party in the stands.  Beats sitting around a campfire or kitchen table.

But, now that I think of it, I couldn't even convince them to party at the tailgate.  At least students are going to the tailgate now.  When I was there during the Muss years.  There wasn't hardly any student tailgating.

just curious, sneaking booze in was fairly common back in the day, are the penalties more severe now?  

5 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

just curious, sneaking booze in was fairly common back in the day, are the penalties more severe now?  

Back in the day they'd likely make you dump the booze and kick you out.  Now you're likely to get tagged with a minor in consumption on top of that, especially at hockey games with UPD.

55 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Yeah, what UNDBIZ said.  It's pretty easy to not get caught though.  Just sneak in a small plastic flask or water bottle and dump it into the largest soda available.  I still do it occasionally.