SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

Dustin

15 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Very disappointed with setter play, though a lot of it is not her fault. One play of hers in particular stood out to me to today - she reached for the first hit of the defensive sequence.

Agree. Flores is decent but not an upgrade. Newkirk and Darian will be servicable. NDSU picked on Darian defensively all match....and she can't dump it over as much. 

6 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Anyone know what’s up with Kayla Williams?  She’s dressed in street clothes and sitting behind the team. She isn’t participating in the team huddles like the ones out for injuries. 

How about Flores? Dressed but not playing.

TV announcer said Neukirk probably out for season.

So I finally saw some good volleyball in the middle of the 4th set, but they couldn’t sustain it. That would have been an epic rally if they had forced a 5th set. We just don’t have a “go to “ player who we can rely on to get us a side out. 

12 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I attended my first game last night. I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere was great even though half the seats were empty. I loved the band. Is the band there for all home games? 

They are not there for all of them. 

On 10/26/2018 at 8:07 PM, Dustin said:

Anyone know what’s up with Kayla Williams?  She’s dressed in street clothes and sitting behind the team. She isn’t participating in the team huddles like the ones out for injuries. 

Am curious on this also if anyone would care to share

On 10/26/2018 at 8:07 PM, Dustin said:

Perhaps it wasn’t even Kayla that I was seeing. 

12 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Perhaps it wasn’t even Kayla that I was seeing. 

She was at the last home match, sitting behind the team for the first couple of sets. I didn't see her the last couple, but I wasn't really looking too hard for her. I heard she was still around, but not behind the team bench...

I don't know any more than anyone else, but I suspect she's done at UND. I don't know what the story is, but it hasn't seemed to click from the beginning of the season. She seemed to have the arm to bring some much needed heat from the pin, but all too often didn't. So many tips and rolls. And it never seemed to get better as the season went on. :-(

10 minutes ago, undVBfan said:

She was at the last home match, sitting behind the team for the first couple of sets. I didn't see her the last couple, but I wasn't really looking too hard for her. I heard she was still around, but not behind the team bench...

I don't know any more than anyone else, but I suspect she's done at UND. I don't know what the story is, but it hasn't seemed to click from the beginning of the season. She seemed to have the arm to bring some much needed heat from the pin, but all too often didn't. So many tips and rolls. And it never seemed to get better as the season went on. :-(

That's on the defense and setter not getting the ball to where she needs it.  Been my gripe the whole season.  I honestly think Mattson would been better than Rautio.  I thought coach already burned Vetter's shirt, so why she doesn't play at all must say something about the current status of UND volleyball's setter position.  Needs major improvement for next year.