SiouxSports.com Forum

Hockey Pucks

pivetz

4 hours ago, LeftyZL said:

I have a Hobey Baker Ryan Duncan puck.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks but I received a couple of pics of one a few days ago.  Thanks though.  I still am looking for pics of any unique sioux pucks you have.

6 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Wait, I have that wrong.  Christopher Columbus brought genocide to the New World and it was the natives who wrote "The Minnesota Rouser" to scare him into sending the boats back to Spain.  I apologize for the error and hope that I did not offend anyone with my post.  

Hockey and History, gotta love it!

BWSE, I honestly don't know.  The print/style of the puck is similar to of other gamers in the early/mid 80s era.  But I don't have any concrete evidence say this puck is or is not a gamer.  I was hoping there was a small chance that someone might know more than me about it.

That being said, when you start looking at season pucks that old, schools often just got a few/not enough to last a season and often didn't do logos every season.
I try to stick to gamers for my collection, but sometimes I'll make exceptions.

I have some Vegum pucks made in Slovakia that came from Winter Sports Arena that was on 2nd Ave N (now where HPC is), will have to post. Found follow information on web site at the bottom.

The Vegum factory was built in 1952 and privatized in 1991 and now it is a join stock company with shares traded on the Stock market. They manufacture large amount of different rubber injection mould products. My interest is in hockey pucks. Hockey pucks were manufactured until end of 1992 under Made in Czechoslovakia label and from January 1993 they are manufactured as Made in Slovakia. They also do logos on them with silk screen process in silver and gold colors. Their production is 6 million pucks per year. Canadian and American Hockey League is using pucks made by Vegum in all their games.
Published in the Slovak Heritage Live newsletter Volume 6, No. 3, Fall 1998

http://www.slovakheritage.org/Misc/pucksvegum.htm

BWSE,

Just to add to your research....

the made in Czechoslovakia had several versions.

The earlier slugs the "MADE IN CZECHOSLOVAKIA" was actually under the text of "OFFICIAL"
The pucks from the 50s thru 70s also had a small v after Czechoslovakia
The mid 70s, the word "OFFICIAL" was moved to the opposite side of the puck (as in the pictures)
I know that UND had pucks by InGlasCo starting in the late 80s/early 90s.  (InGlasCo put out pucks starting in '84)
There are also a few General Tire pucks floating around (those were around 85-90 then later taken over by Lindsay and as of this year ProFlex)

That's how I placed this puck late 70s to mid 80s
I have Brown, Cornell, Western Mich, and Northern Arizona on the same puck cut for comparisons.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
3 hours ago, pivetz said:

Did anyone get any Detroit Frozen Four Pucks before the cancellation?

I’ve seen pics of some but they were souvenir not official gamers

kinda neat to have but at the same time I wouldn’t want one bc they didn’t go there. It’s just a scrap tourney. Now just want nothing more than to crank out a championship next year 

3 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

I'm looking for a puck from New York College Hockey Showdown '16. Have one from every F5, Frozen Faceoff, Frozen 4 and destination game I've been to. Don't know why I didn't get one there. I would make it worth your while if anyone has one.

I think this is neat that you made it a point to accumulate all these pucks. You must have quite the collection!

3 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

I'm looking for a puck from New York College Hockey Showdown '16. Have one from every F5, Frozen Faceoff, Frozen 4 and destination game I've been to. Don't know why I didn't get one there. I would make it worth your while if anyone has one.

Pics of just some would be nice?

6 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

image.thumb.jpeg.cc74c0b9b6b9d9e01f1e9072dee6c68d.jpegPrivate message me or @siouxforeverbaby if interested.