SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Michigan State - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

Gornall, Bowen and Yon all played Sioux hockey tonight.  I thought Olsen was okay.  Jost and Gersich were fine.  Everybody else was a passenger.  Gardner ran the MSU goalie- embarrassing.  Pogo did nothing.  All I saw JJ do was blow a tire.  Simo- nothing but turnover the puck.  D were out of position a lot and losing physical battles.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I think this is just a very young team trying to figure out how to win at this level. I remember the 2005-06 team looking worse than this early on and look where they ended up.

Wasn't that just another one of Hakstol's failures?  

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Gornall, Bowen and Yon all played Sioux hockey tonight.  I thought Olsen was okay.  Jost and Gersich were fine.  Everybody else was a passenger.  Gardner ran the MSU goalie- embarrassing.  Pogo did nothing.  All I saw JJ do was blow a tire.  Simo- nothing but turnover the puck.  D were out of position a lot and losing physical battles.

Bowen's line was solid all night. Gornall gets it as does Smith. Both just short on skill. Pogo and Rhett have not been good for weeks. Simo was really bad all weekend. JJ had a terrible weekend. Wilkie is a bust. Hoff had 2 bad hooking penalties last night but his play overall is decent. Jost and Gersich are real good consistently. Brock is hurt. Our D-man are consistently inconsistent. Cam was great vs SCSU and was poor this weekend. Our special teams suck too. 

So, we can play with forward chemistry until we are blue in the face.  Move Yon up with Gersich and Jost.  Bench Simo, JJ and Wilkie indefinitely...problem is that our dcorps is the real problem and we just don't have the horses back there.  Other than the older Poolman, I haven't seen any of them do ANYTHING...and not in the good way of unnoticed dmen, but in the bad way of noticed...

2 hours ago, willythekid said:

IMHO the freshman class has the hardest working guys on the team... T Poolman, Pogs, CJ and Ausmus are the ones coasting.   I don't know how Gage can pull on that sweater with a C on it and then come out and half-ass it to pucks all night.???

Nope.  Wrong.

9 hours ago, willythekid said:

Jesus Cam...  is Berry sleeping with Cam's mom or something?

It is realy incredible that Berry don't change the goalie, some changes in the team didn' t work some yes.  But it isn' t helpful neither for team nor for Cam and also for  Tomek for his next season and his decision. And then is the same to loss with Tomek or no, or with Cam...

10 hours ago, brianvf said:

What a letdown weekend after last weekend's great result against SCSU.
Disappointing.

This is what I don't understand, why can the Sioux get up for a big weekend on the road and look great and fight for great results but no team can do that to UND? 

Not just blaming you for the comment but people are complaining that the Sioux won't make the tournament now because they failed so miserably! 

So did SCSU just fail last weekend and it was NOT the Sioux doing great?

8 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

This is what I don't understand, why can the Sioux get up for a big weekend on the road and look great and fight for great results but no team can do that to UND? 

Not just blaming you for the comment but people are complaining that the Sioux won't make the tournament now because they failed so miserably! 

So did SCSU just fail last weekend and it was NOT the Sioux doing great?

You do understand UND was playing Michigan St at home this weekend correct? Michigan St is a really bad hockey team and UND did something at SCSU that they hadn't done since 1998. If you are tryiny to make chicken salad out of the huge pile of chicken s**t from this weekend.........stop.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

You do understand UND was playing Michigan St at home this weekend correct? Michigan St is a really bad hockey team and UND did something at SCSU that they hadn't done since 1998. If you are tryiny to make chicken salad out of the huge pile of chicken s**t from this weekend.........stop.

Ok, after watching both games this weekend do you think Michigan is as bad as their ranking still? Because I thought they looked like a team hungry for a win! We shall see how they move forward after this...

Either way it is ok for UND to make a statement, but no team can do that to UND. 

Let's see who's attitude is closer to reality in March, ok?

1 minute ago, bigskyvikes said:

Ok, after watching both games this weekend do you think Michigan is as bad as their ranking still? Because I thought they looked like a team hungry for a win! We shall see how they move forward after this...

Either way it is ok for UND to make a statement, but no team can do that to UND. 

Let's see who's attitude is closer to reality in March, ok?

Nothing I saw this weekend changes my mind on Michigan St. They are very much a below average college hockey team. UND's "reality" is they are not very good either right now. That was painfully obvious too.

18 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Totally agree, but I wouldn't call Michigan "bad."  The Wolverines deserved a better fate against the Buckeyes yesterday.  :D

12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Nothing I saw this weekend changes my mind on Michigan St. They are very much a below average college hockey team. UND's "reality" is they are not very good either right now. That was painfully obvious too.

Let's see if your panic now, or my, no panic now, is closer to reality in March!

All I'm saying is I'm willing to bet this weekend does not mean they will not make the tournament! That's all...