SiouxSports.com Forum

NC A&T/Richmond 4 right to lay an egg in the Hawks' Nest!

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

4 days till the biggest show at the Al. That may be questioned by George Strait or Cher fans, but not me. Now, if your thinking about the attendance of 20,000 that gathered back then, at best, will be about half? Richmond had about 3,200 reported in last weekends game, which might be low if they under-reported (have no proof of that). There are local rumors eluding to such accounting misfires in past playoff games, who knows? Nobody likes feeding the Trolls or the NCAA (which wants 75% of gate).  So if we say half that attendance, the Hawks' Nest is going to be loud and put the Spiders at an disadvantage. 12th man is showing up so we win the game. They know how to lose a game in ND, they did it in Fargo last year.

13 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

According to Wikipedia the Alerus can hold 20,000 people - I didn't think it had that capacity for football - that must be with seating on the floor as well.  

Correct, for Strait there were close to 21,000 people in the building. Football capacity with standing room, little over 13,000.

Now I'm hoping for half or like 10,000 fans Saturday. That would be a success and enough to put the lights out for the Spiders.

I’m feeling a switch getting flipped Saturday; a sharper team, a few new plays, a complete game, a playoff team. This team was improving through the season, and therefore expect the same continued in this 3 week period. My God, that’s half of booth camp, GI’s get reprogrammed in 6 weeks. Most coaches would be worried about rust, not Bubba, he’s oiling his men. Leave no doubt = #7 with a home game, and they’ll prove it Saturday.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Correct, for Strait there were close to 21,000 people in the building. Football capacity with standing room, little over 13,000.

Now I'm hoping for half or like 10,000 fans Saturday. That would be a success and enough to put the lights out for the Spiders.

I wouldn't expect Richmond to intimidated by 10,000 fans. They beat Virginia in front or 49K+ this year.

This team is accustomed to a bigger stage than Grand Forks can provide.

3 minutes ago, Bostonspider said:

While UR's last trip to a dome in ND did NOT go too well, they did have a successful time in a more similar dome in Northern Iowa prior.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM6yCPJbBr8

Welcome. I expect this to be a great game. Your so. qb seemed to be a bit of a baller. He looked pretty confident in his first start, albeit against A&T and at home. What's the deal with the spider nation board? Is 10 posts all you can do with the free account?

12 minutes ago, Bostonspider said:

While UR's last trip to a dome in ND did NOT go too well, they did have a successful time in a more similar dome in Northern Iowa prior.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM6yCPJbBr8

2008 was a ways back, but that was an impressive win in NI. Looking forward to a great game Saturday!

7 minutes ago, Bostonspider said:

I think almost all of us on Spidernation have the free accounts.  You should have unlimited postings on the football board, as far as I know.  There is a premium board as well, but the main boards are free.

Ever since my 10th post it tells me that I need to wait to be able to post again

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 10.44.38 AM.png

2 hours ago, Gothmog said:

I wouldn't expect Richmond to intimidated by 10,000 fans. They beat Virginia in front or 49K+ this year.

It'll help, we’ll beat the spiders, take note, the Spiders are not going to be walking around and looking at the fans, # of fans is not in this equation. What is, the circuit breaker will flip when game starts, this is inside and noise will be loud, our team is rested and mostly healed, lots of talent that’s even more developed since the N Arizona game, 3 weeks is an unbelievable amount of time to address all kinds of concerns, will also be achievers in the first half therefore accomplishing a complete game. All these complement each other.

10 minutes ago, Bostonspider said:

I will ask on our board about it..

SpiderNation.com - Error

As a free user, there is a limit to how many messages you can post at once. Please wait a while and try again or pay for a subscription!

Just tried it again, don't work, I wasn't on there since last night.

1 hour ago, Bostonspider said:

I will ask on our board about it..

Can you do me a favor a give ChoppinBroccoli on your board a message from me, being we can't post on SpiderNation for a short while. 10 post rule came up?

I sent sent him a post expaining - This troll (lakesbison) just fed you a plate of cow s$$t. 

He then answered me that he don't like plates of cow s$$t and wants to know if we served Bison Burger in GF?

Tell him we most definitely do in GF and I'll get with him when the moderators take down the wall. Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, Gothmog said:

But that was with their regular starting QB in the line-up. On Saturday, they'll be starting a young kid who hasn't played in a madhouse like the Alerus Center before.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Just visited spidernation, this got h mob troll is thinking like the Richmond fans.  All have no idea what this noise in the Hawks' Nest is going to do to their 1 game qb (red shirt all season) and the rest of the offense come 5PM Sat.

:huh: What?