SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

4 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I get all that, I'm just confused why they are so terrible at actually laying it out and why NDSU is receiving a significantly higher percentage if they are in such great financial shape.

Perhaps the perception pushed by fargo media isn't reality....

5 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Perhaps the perception pushed by fargo media isn't reality....

I will give them credit, by stating "appropriated general fund support for athletics is being “slashed” by 40 percent", it really sounds like athletics is making huge sacrifices when in reality, 1.8% of their overall budget is being trimmed.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I will give them credit, by stating "appropriated general fund support for athletics is being “slashed” by 40 percent", it really sounds like athletics is making huge sacrifices when in reality, 1.8% of their overall budget is being trimmed.

Oh the humanity. 

19 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

NDSU is in the bottom 10 of the entire NCAA in opportunities for Men vs. Women, having over 2 males for every female participating in athletics (adjusted for unduplicated numbers). On a scholarship basis, for every $1 spent on a women's scholarships, they spend around $1.60 on men's scholarships, again worst ratios in the entire NCAA.

That's not what I was talking about.

Ncaa doesn't seem to mind.  Probably because it's not a problem. 

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

Since we are now fully funded for all sports and FCOA through Team Makers the difference between that and what they used to get from the state will be part of that 400,000.

Team makers paying for the nonresident athlete's tuition waivers too? 

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

No, you're not. 

Title IX is Federal law. The Feds decide if you're in compliance, not the NCAA. ;) 

Maybe the feds will read about NDSU's budget cuts and see how their Title IX is shaping up and make sure they are compliant. 

49 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Maybe the feds will read about NDSU's budget cuts and see how their Title IX is shaping up and make sure they are compliant. 

I imagine this administration is not going to start any witch hunts on garbage like that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

No, you're not. 

Title IX is Federal law. The Feds decide if you're in compliance, not the NCAA. ;) 

It is federal law. But all compliance figures go through the NCAA. And yes we are in compliance. Of course this comes from a compliance officer so I will have to take there word for it.

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

How's your Title IX compliance? You telling me football, baseball, and wrestling has almost as many scholarships as soccer, softball, and volleyball? Those are the only sports that is not offered to the opposite sex.  

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/ncaalimits.html

NDSU's Title IX compliance is awesome, at least as far as the feds are concerned.  

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

NDSU is in the bottom 10 of the entire NCAA in opportunities for Men vs. Women, having over 2 males for every female participating in athletics (adjusted for unduplicated numbers). On a scholarship basis, for every $1 spent on a women's scholarships, they spend around $1.60 on men's scholarships, again worst ratios in the entire NCAA.

Those numbers are completely irrelevant as far as Title IX is concerned.  It was never meant to be a mandate that opportunities had to be a 1:1 men/women ratio.  NDSU is not even close to being non-compliant regarding Title IX, no matter how much Hawk fans want them to be.

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Oh the humanity. 

Looks to be working perfectly. The news tonight stated ndsu was cutting 40% from their athletic budget and 10% from academics. 

8 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

Those numbers are completely irrelevant as far as Title IX is concerned.  It was never meant to be a mandate that opportunities had to be a 1:1 men/women ratio.  NDSU is not even close to being non-compliant regarding Title IX, no matter how much Hawk fans want them to be.

I never said they had to be 1:1, I pointed out what the numbers were and where they rank in the entire NCAA.

I don't care what a couple surveys say, I'm not sure how you can look at those numbers and not see a huge disparity. There is a reason very few schools use only the third prong of compliance. 

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Looks to be working perfectly. The news tonight stated ndsu was cutting 40% from their athletic budget and 10% from academics. 

I never said they had to be 1:1, I pointed out what the numbers were and where they rank in the entire NCAA.

I don't care what a couple surveys say, I'm not sure how you can look at those numbers and not see a huge disparity.

40% is a lot to cut without cutting sports, FCOA money, and scholarships, no popcorn and dippin dots anymore. 

38 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Immediate deflection. Interesting. Does that mean team makers isn't really paying for every athlete's full tuition cost? 

Deflection? No I call red herring. The idiocy of that question is astounding.  Anything else you want to try and take a shot at?:lol:

19 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I don't care what a couple surveys say, I'm not sure how you can look at those numbers and not see a huge disparity. There is a reason very few schools use only the third prong of compliance. 

And that reason is?

31 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

What is the reason?????    But it seems to work for us. Why the angst?