SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

44 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Nice win for the maroon and gold over a top 10 opponent, will certainly help their position in the PWR. Tomorrow night is another big game, tough to beat a good team on back to back nights. They can do it but it won't be easy.

Take your pom-poms over to GPL, DaveK!  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, DaveK said:

3 Big Ten, 4 NCHC. Been saying that all year, not going to back down now. Wisconsin is on the way up and with all of those NCHC teams playing each other so much down the stretch one of them is bound to get knocked down and out.

Wisconsin is out of the top 16 same with Ohio State, only 2 B1G and 5 NCHC teams.

7 hours ago, DaveK said:

3 Big Ten, 4 NCHC. Been saying that all year, not going to back down now. Wisconsin is on the way up and with all of those NCHC teams playing each other so much down the stretch one of them is bound to get knocked down and out.

We know you need validation from us, Davie, or you wouldn't spend all your time here.  There can be only two explanations for that:  either you value our hockey knowledge and judgment more than other fan bases, including gophers, or you don't feel welcome over on GPL,   Or both. 

Try to understand that it's OK that they don't care much for you over on GPL.  You aren't from there and you didn't go to school there, so you're one of a large number of band wagoners, .  Bt you're still a fan, and that's all that matters.   You could be some old retired shopkeeper from New Jersey living in Ft. Lauderdale--you'd still have a right to brag about Mich St., Union, or whoever you want.  As far as getting validation from us, keep at it.   You're failing miserably now, but what other options to you have to feel like somebody cares?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DaveK said:

Like I've said so many times we're going to end up with 3 from the Big Ten and 4 from the NCHC. Wait and see, and when it happens remember who told you so all along.

Shouldn't you be working on that change.org petition pleading with Pittsburgh to keep Fleury?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DaveK said:

(Sigh) You do realize there is a month of regular season games left to be played, right?:silly:

Like I said, Wisconsin is on the way up and the NCHC teams have so many games remaining vs. each other that one of them is going to end up moving down. While there are 2 Big Ten and 5 NCHC teams currently in position to qualify, there is no guarantee it will stay that way till the end of the season.

Like I've said so many times we're going to end up with 3 from the Big Ten and 4 from the NCHC. Wait and see, and when it happens remember who told you so all along.

So the B1Gs regular season is over? Oh that's right it's not. The B1G team still have to play each other like every other conference. And all the top teams in the B1G still have at least 2 games against the dumpster fires Michigan and Michigan State. 

23 minutes ago, DaveK said:

I get along just fine with the good people at GPL and I do not value the opinions of most people here. This has nothing to do with validation. Vindication maybe, but validation never. I just enjoy being assertive towards biased jerks, it's as simple as that.

I wouldn't exactly classify posting anonymously on a fan site as being "assertive" about anything.  Extremely needy, maybe.   "Assertive" is for real life matters, such as your job or your community service.  Vindication?   For whom?  For what?   What are the gophers to you, or you to the gophers (you probably get the Hamlet reference)?   This is a great game, Dave, you should try to just enjoy it for what it is.  Whether the gophers win 5 titles in a row or miss the tournament 5 years in a row will not change your personal life one iota.  Just have some fun with it. 

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, DaveK said:

I get along just fine with the good people at GPL and I do not value the opinions of most people here. This has nothing to do with validation. Vindication maybe, but validation never. I just enjoy being assertive towards biased jerks, it's as simple as that.

Please tell us more about how you're a non conformist while you're at it.  Nobody cares what you think, it's as simple as that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The only way to deal with a spoiled child is to ignore it.  I suggest we all do that.  Block Dave and do not respond to his attention seeking posts.   I've been an offender, but I'm going to stop. 

On this thread.  Iluv has created another thread for playing with little Davie.  Maybe that way we can save this thread. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, burd said:

The only way to deal with a spoiled child is to ignore it.  I suggest we all do that.  Block Dave and do not respond to his attention seeking posts.   I've been an offender, but I'm going to stop. 

On this thread.  Iluv has created another thread for playing with little Davie.  Maybe that way we can save this thread. 

Thank you