SiouxSports.com Forum

Revenge Tour 2016

geaux_sioux

It seems like the stars are aligning to give us one tough ass path to a title. The nice thing is that we have teams in our way that we would like to even the score with. Already took down ol Blue in payback for 2011. Next up is Denver from 2005. Then there's the possibility of BC in the title should be both make it. That would be revenge for the last 15 years basically. It makes for great matchups no matter how you look at it. The way Berry had his team playing to close out that last game gives me faith. Let's hope they get it done in Tampa.

• Upvote 4

Gotta pay Denver back for 2005 and 2004. I'll never forget 2004 either. :angry:

Denver is very good. I hope UND brings their A game like they did this weekend. Not sure I'm really a fan of the week off before playing again. Does help any players who are banged up, heal up a bit though.

• Upvote 2

When you get to post-season play, you are unlikely to face any weak teams.  When you play in the Frozen Four, you have to expect to play the best.  I would have it no other way.  That Michigan game was a great hockey game.  The pace in the 3rd was fantastic.  I expect every game from here on out will be a tough game for both sides, as it should be.  I just hope we show up to play, come out hard, play smart, two-way hockey and notch some goals.  If Cam is on his game, and our D-corp is playing tough and smart, I like our odds.  I know some said we played well when we played Denver last, I thought we were not really on our game.  I am looking forward to Tampa, and looking forward to settling some scores.  Bring it!

• Upvote 1

Actually the Johnson line has been amazing - we have come to expect a goal from them 

Hope all lines feel the need to score

It's almost felt like CBS has been trying to hard lately - hope they lighten up & enjoy this & make some ah natural magic happen - they are better than any I've seen - but I don't think they have dominated like they possibly could

It could happen :cool:

Heck & throw in a couple shutouts to make it truly memorable :D

28 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I said it after both games this weekend... we play like we did tonight, no one touches us. IMO, our best two single games we've played this season in the biggest weekend, thus far. Absolutely phenomenal in Cincinnati. Keep it rolling, boys.

The aspect that makes me feel the best, is although they got points on the weekend, we received scoring from areas besides CBS. That #2 line of Johnson/Gardner/Poganski was absolutely phenomenal this weekend.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, snova4 said:

The aspect that makes me feel the best, is although they got points on the weekend, we received scoring from areas besides CBS. That #2 line of Johnson/Gardner/Poganski was absolutely phenomenal this weekend.

Yup. The CBS were our second best line this weekend and we won both games easily. Certainly and important development.