SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Mankato Saturday

If only we had Belfour

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: Parise got drafted after his freshman season. Why can't Stafford to the same? Why would he lose college eligibility? Could he opt in next year without penalty?

Because he started the season at the ripe age of 17, if I'm not mistaken.

To tell you the truth, I had some doubts about the Sioux going into this weekend. A split wouldn't have surprised me, given UND's recent history in Mankato. And after Friday's game, I was a bit uneasy about tonight. But the Sioux came through with flying colors. They needed a win like this on the road heading to Duluth. I don't care if it was against MSM. It's a sweep on the road.

Blais: "We had an unbelievable crowd here tonight." In his estimation, 1,000 out of about 4,500 on hand. Way to go, Sioux faithful.

If I lived close enough, I wouldn't think twice about driving and paying for tickets. Of course, that is partly because I drive 40 min's and pay outrageous prices for everything here in CA. Never-the-less, I would.

To tell you the truth, I had some doubts about the Sioux going into this weekend. A split wouldn't have surprised me, given UND's recent history in Mankato. And after Friday's game, I was a bit uneasy about tonight. But the Sioux came through with flying colors. They needed a win like this on the road heading to Duluth. I don't care if it was against MSM. It's a sweep on the road.

I felt the same way Pat. In fact, I said the same to a friend just this afternoon.

Nice to hear that some hats made it onto the ice for Fabian.

Yes. The hats did make it to the ice, as did my lovely sparkling green hockey mullet wig. Fabian would have done well to gather that one up from the penalty box folks after the game.

Check the other thread here boys and girls. Most valuable rookie. I was the only one, up until probably tonight, to register a vote for Erik. He gets some ice time, and is coming up solid. Nice to see the fourth line knocking it down.

It was really cool to see Fabian get the wig. Er, I mean, the hat.

It was a big win. Great great Sioux crowd. Almost had to feel for the Mav faithful. They have had a tough year and, unlike Tech, they will probably largely lie down in the first round.

Tech and Mankato in Houghton next week for the rights to the cellar. Sioux and Dogs in Duluth for the likely rights to the Cup.

WCHA hockey. Ain't it great?

Just got back from the game. Sioux dominated, no question. Very good UND crowd at the MWC tonight. Also, I had a great tasting pizza at Chevy's, but unfortunately the quality of chicks at Mettler's is declining. Oh well... life goes on.

Next week is the real deal. Go Sioux!

taz digs da hockey Sioux

What a dissapointing game by Stafford...ONLY 4 points, what's going on with him? He needs to step up, I mean really ;)

You know, I was thinking (not always a good thing) after I read Fabian got a hatty (I know your going to read this, Congrats! :love:;) ). I wondered who was the last player to start their college career off (goalwise) with a hatty. Then it came to me...........some kid named Zach Parise :);):p

At the end of the game there was some Jerk next to the radio booth that must have thought TH was making light of MSU-M because he basically said something to the effect 10-1 (then some garble) then put that on your F'N radio show. It went right over the air. Oh well its not only our fans.

At the end of the game there was some Jerk next to the radio booth that must have thought TH was making light of MSU-M because he basically said something to the effect 10-1 (then some garble) then put that on your F'N radio show. It went right over the air. Oh well its not only our fans.

Anyone listening clearly heard what was said. Anyone listening knew that person was making a horrible impression.

That's why the efforts of Roger Thomas (and Dr. Kupchella) are important.

Are UND fans "that guy" or better than that?

The "radio booth" at the Wireless Center is little more than a couple of card tables behind the 200 level seats, with some bunting around them. Fans can go up and stand right behind the radio and tv jocks.

Lucky that fan didn't have me in that radio "crease" after the game. I would have cleared him out in no time.

A big Sioux crowd. Let's hope that it is a big crowd in Duluth as well.

I was listening to the game on the radio, too, and for some reason I got the impression that the guy who said, "10-1, Put that on your f-in' radio show" was a Sioux fan, maybe even someone Tim knew because Tim followed that with, "real classy" and then he said a name that sounded like "Win-rick." Hope I'm wrong but that's the feeling I got.