SiouxSports.com Forum

Calling All Students

SiouxForever

Johnboy everyone is entitled to an opinion and if they want to hold a grudge they can.  I would think that SiouxForever could have some support from the Lambda Chi house.  They might not be too happy with the president's letter to all students without getting all the facts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Johnboy everyone is entitled to an opinion and if they want to hold a grudge they can.  I would think that SiouxForever could have some support from the Lambda Chi house.  They might not be too happy with the president's letter to all students without getting all the facts.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  I agree 100%.  My opinion...was to let it go.   

Cool - thanks says the racist that supports the Fighting Irish - the Irish people not mascots:lol:

Why throw gas on a smoldering fire??? The nickname issue and President Kelley's issues are just dragging our school down, while the school from the south is excelling, we are making ourselves look like idiots. Kelley will be gone in a couple months and the Fighting Sioux nickname is not coming back, this should've been realized when the NCAA put us on the "list". I love the nickname and logo but the longer these issues drag on the less appealing it is for future students to want to go to UND.

• Upvote 3

Why throw gas on a smoldering fire??? The nickname issue and President Kelley's issues are just dragging our school down, while the school from the south is excelling, we are making ourselves look like idiots. Kelley will be gone in a couple months and the Fighting Sioux nickname is not coming back, this should've been realized when the NCAA put us on the "list". I love the nickname and logo but the longer these issues drag on the less appealing it is for future students to want to go to UND.

UND is a space grant institution with the top public aviation program to boot. NDSU is an ag school that most people outside the region were unaware of before their JV dynasty began. Wearing a sioux ball cap on flights in my early 20s got me invited into a few cockpits and plenty of shout outs from pilots. Athletic success is fleeting, reputation is forever.

• Upvote 2

UND is a space grant institution with the top public aviation program to boot. NDSU is an ag school that most people outside the region were unaware of before their JV dynasty began. Wearing a sioux ball cap on flights in my early 20s got me invited into a few cockpits and plenty of shout outs from pilots. Athletic success is fleeting, reputation is forever.

you are adorable.

That's your only comeback, "wearing a Sioux ball cap on flights got me invited into a few cockpits and shout outs from  pilots"? Our reputation isn't top notch right now and the longer this nickname debate and "fire Kelley" signs show up, the more we look silly.....

This would show a lack of class no matter how you feel about Kelly.  Fighters don't do childish crap like this.  The fighters I fought with  would make an appointment with the guy and go in and debate their point and opinion.  It was embarassing last time that our students show such a lack of class and it would be embarassing this time. The NCAA forced UND to drop the name.  Neither the  state's Native American population, nor any of us, did enough to keep the name.  Kelly was stuck with the consequences.  You should have taken signs out to the reservations or taken signs to the tribal councils when we had the chance. Kelly was riding Broncos out in Wyoming or wherever the hell he was.  The mission of UND and UND athletics is a hell a lot more important than whatever name we call ourselves.  We blew our chance, because you and I, and others waited for somone else to do things for us. If you wish to look like a fool, do it yourself. 

6006_pitch-perfect-mic-drop-adam-devine.

• Upvote 3

That's your only comeback, "wearing a Sioux ball cap on flights got me invited into a few cockpits and shout outs from  pilots"? Our reputation isn't top notch right now and the longer this nickname debate and "fire Kelley" signs show up, the more we look silly.....

It wasn't a comeback, it's a unique perspective to my reminder that UND is far and away a better school.  It was in lieu of citing the law/med schools, larger endowment, etc.  The only people who are watching the nickname controversy are those directly affected by it, i.e. live in the region or follow college hockey/Big Sky conference.   John Oliver did more damage to the state with his segment than the nickname ever could.

Edited by AlphaMikeFoxtrot
grammar
  • Upvote 2

This would show a lack of class no matter how you feel about Kelly.  Fighters don't do childish crap like this.  The fighters I fought with  would make an appointment with the guy and go in and debate their point and opinion.  It was embarassing last time that our students show such a lack of class and it would be embarassing this time. The NCAA forced UND to drop the name.  Neither the  state's Native American population, nor any of us, did enough to keep the name.  Kelly was stuck with the consequences.  You should have taken signs out to the reservations or taken signs to the tribal councils when we had the chance. Kelly was riding Broncos out in Wyoming or wherever the hell he was.  The mission of UND and UND athletics is a hell a lot more important than whatever name we call ourselves.  We blew our chance, because you and I, and others waited for somone else to do things for us. If you wish to look like a fool, do it yourself. 

Well said, ira.