SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

33 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Maeda and a group of AAA guys for the Twins today.  Two out of three against the Rangers is an okay thing.

Now Cleveland.  Gotta win one of the three. 

Twins need to treat game 1 as a playoff game and put out all the stops, if they can win that one, that might be enough to cause Cleveland to tap out.

A sweep ends it.  Go for it. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Twins need to treat game 1 as a playoff game and put out all the stops, if they can win that one, that might be enough to cause Cleveland to tap out.

A sweep ends it.  Go for it. 

I agree.  Get em lined up.  Six for Lopez.  Then use Winder, Jax, Thielbar, Duran.  They'll put runs up against Giolito.  Let's win 3-1. 

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Cleveland salvages the last game.

6 game lead....22 games to go.

Cleveland claims the season series tie-breaker, too...

It would be so like the Twins to let the season slip away on a last-day-of-the-season loss to fall into a tie with Cleveland...

But I think this is the year they finally break through and win a playoff game (really just betting the odds here). Not a playoff series, but a game for sure, maybe even two! Gotta start somewhere. 

Cleveland heads to California for four games here against an Angels team that has lost their last 7 home games in a row.  Then they're at San Fran for 3 games, at least San Fran is still playing for something as they have the possibility of getting a wild card spot being only 2.5 games back.

Friday night against the Mets.  Dallas K on the mound against the Mets best starting pitcher.  Just need 4-5 from DK then turn it to the pen. 

11 hours ago, N of GF said:

Cleveland claims the season series tie-breaker, too...

It would be so like the Twins to let the season slip away on a last-day-of-the-season loss to fall into a tie with Cleveland...

But I think this is the year they finally break through and win a playoff game (really just betting the odds here). Not a playoff series, but a game for sure, maybe even two! Gotta start somewhere. 

And if that happened it would not surprise me. I’ve been a Minnesota sports fan my entire life and know anything is possible when it comes to Minnesota pro sports 

4 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

So what's a reasonable expectation playoff wise for this team?  They should win a game but can they win a series?  If they get hot can they beat a team like the Astros, Orioles, or Rays?

They can get to the ALCS.  They have the pitching to do it.  It will all come down to the offense.

13 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

And the hitting is what scares me because obviously they will be going against some pretty good pitching 

Depends on who they see in Round 1.   Rangers are fading last, so its either Seattle, Toronto, or Houston more than likely.   I could live with Toronto in Round 1 and then getting Seattle in the ALDS.  I think that's the best path.

40 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Depends on who they see in Round 1.   Rangers are fading last, so its either Seattle, Toronto, or Houston more than likely.   I could live with Toronto in Round 1 and then getting Seattle in the ALDS.  I think that's the best path.

I’ll be happy if they can just end the damn playoff losing streak and then go from there. It’s a record that’s really hard to believe