SiouxSports.com Forum

Thank you Seniors

tnt

After watching Through These Doors and seeing the dedication all of these guys have to the program, I would like to express my thanks to all of them for that dedication and passion.  I know that guys like Mattson and O'Donnell have been scrutinized beyond belief for a lot of their career and for them to maintain that passion is admirable.  Before fans nitpick with perfection as a baseline, remember this episode and the level of effort these guys put in to the program. I don't know of any other program that would have this many seniors with that kind of dedication and respect for the program.  Guys that haven't seen the ice as much as they would with other programs exemplify that passion.  Panzarella has been a great role player for UND, filling in when needed by always being ready, and logging important minutes when we need him.  I can't respect him enough.  I hope all of the players know that through all of the unbelievable scrutiny they go through by the fans, that we all want the same thing -- to add to the legacy of Sioux hockey, even if sometimes the expectations are unrealistic.  To that end, I can think of nothing better, or fitting than for this group of Seniors to add to that legacy, and their own by going on to win as much hardware as possible, and the ultimate -- the NCAA Championship.  That will mean a lot more sacrifice and making sure that every shift for 4 games means something, and that a foolish penalty or shift off in the first period, may add to a poor result as much as one in the third.  We all know the hanging of the heads feeling when coming up just short in the past and I can only imagine the things that go through players minds in the "what if" scenarios.  You already have a legacy of hard work and dedication along with some hardware, now hopefully you can add the Big Prize to that legacy.  Either way you are Sioux through and through, and we as fans recognize that and say Thank You for that commitment to the program.

• Upvote 3

After watching Through These Doors and seeing the dedication all of these guys have to the program, I would like to express my thanks to all of them for that dedication and passion.  I know that guys like Mattson and O'Donnell have been scrutinized beyond belief for a lot of their career and for them to maintain that passion is admirable.  Before fans nitpick with perfection as a baseline, remember this episode and the level of effort these guys put in to the program. I don't know of any other program that would have this many seniors with that kind of dedication and respect for the program.  Guys that haven't seen the ice as much as they would with other programs exemplify that passion.  Panzarella has been a great role player for UND, filling in when needed by always being ready, and logging important minutes when we need him.  I can't respect him enough.  I hope all of the players know that through all of the unbelievable scrutiny they go through by the fans, that we all want the same thing -- to add to the legacy of Sioux hockey, even if sometimes the expectations are unrealistic.  To that end, I can think of nothing better, or fitting than for this group of Seniors to add to that legacy, and their own by going on to win as much hardware as possible, and the ultimate -- the NCAA Championship.  That will mean a lot more sacrifice and making sure that every shift for 4 games means something, and that a foolish penalty or shift off in the first period, may add to a poor result as much as one in the third.  We all know the hanging of the heads feeling when coming up just short in the past and I can only imagine the things that go through players minds in the "what if" scenarios.  You already have a legacy of hard work and dedication along with some hardware, now hopefully you can add the Big Prize to that legacy.  Either way you are Sioux through and through, and we as fans recognize that and say Thank You for that commitment to the program.

Couldn't have said it any better nice post.

Great post-

Thanks for the memories boys- we fans appreciate the work you put in and the product you deliver.  You will go out winners regardless of the outcome tonight or in April.

There's the thing.   We appreciate and admire them for who they are and the way they have conducted themselves, not for what we will get from them.  Sports fans tend to use clichés freely but act very selfish when it comes down to it.   

Dynamite post, tnt! (See what I did there?)

These are the last 7 players to ever wear the Fighting Sioux logo. Would love to see that legacy cemented forever with a new national championship banner inside REA.

I have to say, that comment got me chocked up a little. I can't believe this is the last group to wear that storied logo. Also, great initial post TNT! This team has the talent, character and passion to bring home #8 and have a community of Sioux fans around the country supporting you! Best of luck to all of you in the future. We wish nothing but the best for you. Thanks for your dedication and most Important...thanks for the memories. GO SIOUX!!!!

Maybe you just have to be older to realize the glorious outcomes are their dreams, the lofty goals are ones they have set in their own lives.  Seriously, they want to win more than the fans want them to.  I've been as disappointed (crushed sometimes) as the next guy at seasons' ends, but I try then to remember they're living their lives, and I should live mine.  If I want to experience greatness and success, I should try to accomplish it myself.  I think I now feel worse for the players and coaches than I do for myself when they fall short of their goals.  Maybe that's why the witch-hunting rubs me the wrong way.

One other thing: The seniors at pretty much all the other schools are basically cut from the same cloth.  As with all groups of people, there are good guys and not-so-good guys, but they all had to commit and sacrifice to make it this far.  They're all high achievers.

Except the Gophers.  (kidding).

• Upvote 1