SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota v. Idaho St.

bincitysioux

North Dakota

(6-13, 2-6 Big Sky, #251 RPI)

v.

Idaho State

(5-16, 2-7 Big Sky, #336 RPI)

At some point, this team needs to start winning close games.  Especially at home.

This is a very mediocre team and the results of games are getting way too predictable.

Agree on the first part and as they say, you are what your record says you are.  I do think this team has the capability of being above average and winning a game or two in the conference tournament, mainly because Shanks becoming eligible and playing more minutes (34 last night) has made this team significantly better.  But close losses are still losses.  Big question is whether or not they can figure it out before they end of the year.  Honestly I have no clue.  Thought the win at Idaho and 1st half of the EWU game were a step in the right direction.  Then a collapse in the second half and letting one slip away at home last night (again).

Agreed, must win. On a side note I picked up the Herald today hoping to read a preview on the MBB and WBB games today. The front page consisted of UND Men's Hockey (no brainier) and EGF girls hockey gfc girls basketball and a interview with a HS QB on deflated footballs(wtf, are you kidding me) no article or mention of the games today even on the inside pages.....what a joke. Being that was the main reason I picked up a copy along with the men's hockey gamer I was a little disappointed. D1 basketball should equal D1 coverage IMO.

Agreed, must win. On a side note I picked up the Herald today hoping to read a preview on the MBB and WBB games today. The front page consisted of UND Men's Hockey (no brainier) and EGF girls hockey gfc girls basketball and a interview with a HS QB on deflated footballs(wtf, are you kidding me) no article or mention of the games today even on the inside pages.....what a joke. Being that was the main reason I picked up a copy along with the men's hockey gamer I was a little disappointed. D1 basketball should equal D1 coverage IMO.

Same here. Hard to believe.

And they get the win.  How was the crowd?

The crowd was good. Probably around 1500.

Lots of football players were in attendance as there were a few recruits in town again.

Hobaugh stole Hookers last rebound to deprive him of a triple double.

Sill too many missed layups and free throws. We should have kept the pressure on them and beat them by 30, but Jones as usual played defensive down the stretch. A wins a win though. Teams coming together and have been playing better. Hopefully with the favorable schedule the rest of the way they will make the tournament and could possibly make some noise.