SiouxSports.com Forum

WORLD JUNIORS - Toronto/Montreal - DEC 25/JAN 5

AZSIOUX

My observations on Team USA:

Fasching -- he'd go to the corner but never came away from the boards with the puck.

Eichel -- he forgot he had teammates; he was trying to win it by himself

USA defense -- small, quick, but I saw nobody that I expect to have a 10-year NHL career (there were no "Cam Fowler" types)

USA powerplay -- I don't like the changes v. Russia; they should've left Schmaltz and Matthews together on the second unit; if Eichel needed a shooter on the first unit put Larkin there

I might be a homer, but guys I'd take from Team USA in order: Larkin, Schmaltz, DeLeo, Matthews. (You can keep Eichel and that goalie.)

We're on a SWE v. CAN crash course.

PS - Any of you pilot types available to get Nick Schmaltz back to GF in time for a game v. the U18s? :D

Larkin was definitely Team USA's best player for this tournament.

I suppose you are the guy who mentions a no-hitter during a no-hitter too, eh?

I was notorious on my American Legion team for coming into the dugout after the first inning and telling our pitcher he was tossing a no-no (if appropriate). :D

It was the second one you're thinking of. I know Eichel was with the puck along the middle of the blueline, I kept thinking put the puck on net. Next thing Domi has another goal.

Watched the highlights again from this game...1st ENG was the result of Anthony DeAngelo not keeping the puck in the zone and then making a half-a**ed attempt at a cross-ice pass on the retreat into the US zone. The second ENG was definitely courtesy of Sonny Milano, #13.