SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Polls Week of 10-20-14

Matt

Wait hold the phones. You are saying the NDSU administrators didn't seem like they wanted to play UND? Maybe, just maybe, is because the fan base of NDSU DID NOT WANT THE GAME, and they knew they would catch hell for scheduling this?

No I gotta be wrong on this. Darell says the majority of NDSU fans wanted the game so that must be true. He has a much better understanding of NDSU fan base feeling on this than those who happen to be a teammaker.

You would have thought if the majority of NDSU fan base wanted that game, the interim AD at NDSU at the press conference would have been thrilled to announce the deal and wouldn't have sat there looking like Magic Johnson did announcing he had contacted the deadly illness of AIDS.

I agree. If Bison fans as a group really wanted this game it would have happened a long time ago.

Most Bison fans are either luke-warm on the game, or are very opposed to it.

Wait hold the phones. You are saying the NDSU administrators didn't seem like they wanted to play UND? Maybe, just maybe, is because the fan base of NDSU DID NOT WANT THE GAME, and they knew they would catch hell for scheduling this?

No I gotta be wrong on this. Darell says the majority of NDSU fans wanted the game so that must be true. He has a much better understanding of NDSU fan base feeling on this than those who happen to be a teammaker.

You would have thought if the majority of NDSU fan base wanted that game, the interim AD at NDSU at the press conference would have been thrilled to announce the deal and wouldn't have sat there looking like Magic Johnson did announcing he had contacted the deadly illness of AIDS.

A loud group of boosters are either afraid of playing UND or are holding a grudge like a 12 year old girl.  They make life miserable for the administrators, that's why they weren't eager to make the announcement.  Normal NDSU fans, UND fans and a majority of the people in North Dakota want to see the game.  Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Some of those boosters are really squeaky.

A loud group of boosters are either afraid of playing UND or are holding a grudge like a 12 year old girl.  They make life miserable for the administrators, that's why they weren't eager to make the announcement.  Normal NDSU fans, UND fans and a majority of the people in North Dakota want to see the game.  Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Some of those boosters are really squeaky.

You must talk to a lot more NDSU fans than I do. In my experience, most NDSU Fans either don't care about the game, or don't want it. Very few have a strong desire to see the game played.

The squeaky wheel does get the grease and there just aren't very many Bison fans squeaking for a UND game.

Breaking news. Breaking news. 2011BisonAlumni is "OBSESSED" with UND.

If I were obsessed with UND I would want to play them every year.

I am concerned with NDSU winning and doing what is right for the future success of their program, and I do not see scheduling UND is a sound decision to continue to help build our program.

I am going to let the past go. I guess it all worked out well in the end. In the decade after the divorce , NDSU ended up with 8 FBS wins, 3 national championships, and 2 appearances by College Gameday and also ended up getting our Rival to accept the most humiliating ridiculous terms for a college football series ever.

UND ended up losing their nickname, losing to an NAIA school, and suffering from declining attendance.

It has been a hell of a decade for this rivalry.

You must talk to a lot more NDSU fans than I do. In my experience, most NDSU Fans either don't care about the game, or don't want it. Very few have a strong desire to see the game played.

The squeaky wheel does get the grease and there just aren't very many Bison fans squeaking for a UND game.

What is so hard to understand?  I said that there was a loud group of boosters that make life miserable for the administrators.  It may be the same group of people that you speak with since you are taking so much time out of your life to post on a rival's sports forum.  They are the squeaky wheels. 

Normal people aren't nearly as squeaky either way.  And most normal people don't actually have much access to Athletic Directors, unlike boosters.  Everyone I have talked with on both sides either wants the game or doesn't care about football.  I've talked to a lot of people around the state.  But I'm mainly talking to normal people, the ones that don't get a chance to be squeaky.  I have talked to UND boosters that want the game.  I rarely talk to NDSU boosters, at least about this subject, because I know that it will just cause trouble.

I am going to let the past go. I guess it all worked out well in the end. In the decade after the divorce , NDSU ended up with 8 FBS wins, 3 national championships, and 2 appearances by College Gameday and also ended up getting our Rival to accept the most humiliating ridiculous terms for a college football series ever.

UND ended up losing their nickname, losing to an NAIA school, and suffering from declining attendance.

We're happy for you.  You should run right over to BSville and tell them your story.  Someone might actually care.

What is so hard to understand?  I said that there was a loud group of boosters that make life miserable for the administrators.  It may be the same group of people that you speak with since you are taking so much time out of your life to post on a rival's sports forum.  They are the squeaky wheels. 

Normal people aren't nearly as squeaky either way.  And most normal people don't actually have much access to Athletic Directors, unlike boosters.  Everyone I have talked with on both sides either wants the game or doesn't care about football.  I've talked to a lot of people around the state.  But I'm mainly talking to normal people, the ones that don't get a chance to be squeaky.  I have talked to UND boosters that want the game.  I rarely talk to NDSU boosters, at least about this subject, because I know that it will just cause trouble.

What you're saying isn't hard to understand. It's just not true.

Good, now go away.

Wow guess I started something with that one, didn't expect that.  Spent an hour reading all of it to catch up.....but I'm too tired to post much now lol.  Although I will say it was probably worth it to get him to admit he is scared. :D

Let it go it will be good for your mind body and spirit! While you are at it drop the obsession with und. Und is not your rival. Siouxsports and und shouldn't take the majority of your day. When you go to bison games and tailgate your time would be better spent enjoying the atmosphere and game rather than polling everyone you see for their thoughts of und. Breathe and take it in. It will feel good!

Good grief...... Talk about thread drift.   Let's just give up on comparing dick length until we are actually going to play each other.   Right now UND is in a hell of a hole and NDSU is riding the top of a huge wave.   No one has a clue where either school will be when we play.   Why not just argue about the polls....  :ohmy:

Good grief...... Talk about thread drift. Let's just give up on comparing dick length until we are actually going to play each other. Right now UND is in a hell of a hole and NDSU is riding the top of a huge wave. No one has a clue where either school will be when we play. Why not just argue about the polls.... :ohmy:

Considering this is SiouxSports, with some non fans making 50 posts each yesterday to tell us they're not interested in playing UND, it's not hard to tell who would win the biggest dick contest. So, congratulations bison fans, you win.

If I have the last few pages correct:

1) NDSU fans are still whining about 2003 and Roger Thomas, and will be 50 years from now.

2) NDSU fans only want to play UND if they have some advantage, like an additional 27 scholarships.

3) NDSU fans are so insecure that they have to flock to a UND sports forum to puff out their chests and brag about how great their school and football team are. They also have to keep telling everyone how much they don't care about UND.

4) NDSU fans believe that their buttfootball team will be on top forever, even though no team has ever been able to do that.

5) NDSU fans some how think they have an insurmountable lead of some kind over UND, even though there is no such thing.

6) NDSU fans obviously don't actually trust their own team to beat UND.

7) 20 something NDSU fans believe they are smarter than anyone else.

Have I missed anything?

Jan Brady State University

Why did UND negotiate, schedule and play an established UNI program in 2006 when they were not on a level playing field but who up to that point would not play a transitioning struggling FCS NDSU team who had proved nothing at the FCS level?

UND had a different athletic director with a different philosophy.  

With all of Buning's faults, he clearly was on a mission to move UND to Division I as soon as he got here, which included scheduling I-AA teams.  Whether Buning and Taylor ever talked about scheduling, I don't know.  I doubt Taylor would have been receptive by the time Buning got to UND.  His feelings were already hurt.