SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Polls Week of 9-1-14

Matt

It's hard to swallow, isn't it?  

Not within 35 huh?! You apparently don't know much abouit college football or football in general then.

Yep, all of our FBS wins have come against sub-par FBS teams--how about your wins against FBS teams (and I am not referring to your severasl "moral"/toe-to-toe victories). That SJSU team you got thumped by the other night?!?!? They wouldn't have kept a game against Iowa State within 35.

Yes, that's how pathetic your team is, so maybe you wanna quit bashing one that would hang a 100 on you if it really wanted to--and now, even more, I hope we do next year.

Not because of your players, but because of your POS, arrogant fanbase!!

You perfectly epitomize the arrogance associated with NDSU's fan base. I would love to appreciate NDSU's accomplishments more than I already do, but comments such as yours are all too common, and that's appalling. 

Let's assess what you said and what I said, and then we can realize how foolish and idiotic everything you said was.

First, I am not suffering from dysphagia, but thank you for your concern. I appreciate what NDSU has produced in the past few seasons - it is impressive as an FCS program. With that said, I am still ultimately focused on what THE University of North Dakota does moving forward. Do I ignore everything NDSU does as a program? No, I do not, and I think any UND supporter who says otherwise is overly naive. NDSU is in the same state and classification as UND, so of course they affect UND athletics, both directly and indirectly.

Next, I could care less if Michigan State beat NDSU by 35, 50, or 21. The point is, Michigan State, along with many other FBS programs, are more than capable of beating down NDSU. To think that NDSU is untouchable by all FBS programs is just silly, and quite frankly, its where I lose respect for NDSU supporters who adore demonstrating their lackluster education. 

So, because UND has not defeated an FBS team, I am not allowed to comment on NDSU's capabilities? That is ridiculous. NDSU is an exceptional FCS football team, but that does not make NDSU an exceptional FBS football team; simple as that. I hope you're capable of understanding that. 

And, for the sake of debate, I'm quite certain San Jose State is every bit as good as Iowa State is. With that said, Iowa State is quite possibly among the bottom 20 teams in the FBS, so no use pumping your chest too much. At the same time, San Jose State is not a FBS powerhouse by any means, but they aren't any worse than Iowa State.

Lastly, NDSU could not "hang" 100 on UND and they will not "hang" 100 on UND next season. Good luck with your illogical fallacies moving forward. Don't be upset at UND's fan base because we are passionate about North Dakota's flagship university and we understand UND is more influential and capable than NDSU. Despite NDSU's petty propaganda tactics, UND's fan base will not be disrupted; UND alumni know all too well that NDSU is not near as special as NDSU faithful are brainwashed into thinking. 

As for what I said and what you commented on, I simply agreed that NDSU would lose to Michigan State by a double-digit margin, perhaps even 35. Michigan State is a top FBS team; NDSU has never defeated a top 25 FBS team. Iowa State, even 2013 Kansas State, was not a top 25 FBS team, so get over it. Thinking NDSU is invincible is absolutely incompetent. Furthermore, thinking UND is demonstrating an inferiority complex by commenting on the team 70 miles to the south is even more idiotic. It's simply FCS football discussion, as the thread title suggests.  

Bobby Morris should be a good game for you guys. I like how one of your posters stated UND should be able to see improvement in playing them.  Will it really be improvement, or will it just be your opponents patheticness (and yes, I know we have to play Weber and Incarnate Word, but at least they are better than UND).

Bobby Morris, huh? Nice nickname, Cassy. And yes, UND will show improvement from week 1 to week 2 - most teams do. Lastly, UND is better than Weber State and Incarnate Word; it's unfortunate your biases have caused you to lose all realistic judgmental ability.  

• Upvote 3

You perfectly epitomize the arrogance associated with NDSU's fan base. I would love to appreciate NDSU's accomplishments more than I already do, but comments such as yours are all too common, and that's appalling. 

Let's assess what you said and what I said, and then we can realize how foolish and idiotic everything you said was.

First, I am not suffering from dysphagia, but thank you for your concern. I appreciate what NDSU has produced in the past few seasons - it is impressive as an FCS program. With that said, I am still ultimately focused on what THE University of North Dakota does moving forward. Do I ignore everything NDSU does as a program? No, I do not, and I think any UND supporter who says otherwise is overly naive. NDSU is in the same state and classification as UND, so of course they affect UND athletics, both directly and indirectly.

Next, I could care less if Michigan State beat NDSU by 35, 50, or 21. The point is, Michigan State, along with many other FBS programs, are more than capable of beating down NDSU. To think that NDSU is untouchable by all FBS programs is just silly, and quite frankly, its where I lose respect for NDSU supporters who adore demonstrating their lackluster education. 

So, because UND has not defeated an FBS team, I am not allowed to comment on NDSU's capabilities? That is ridiculous. NDSU is an exceptional FCS football team, but that does not make NDSU an exceptional FBS football team; simple as that. I hope you're capable of understanding that. 

And, for the sake of debate, I'm quite certain San Jose State is every bit as good as Iowa State is. With that said, Iowa State is quite possibly among the bottom 20 teams in the FBS, so no use pumping your chest too much. At the same time, San Jose State is not a FBS powerhouse by any means, but they aren't any worse than Iowa State.

Lastly, NDSU could not "hang" 100 on UND and they will not "hang" 100 on UND next season. Good luck with your illogical fallacies moving forward. Don't be upset at UND's fan base because we are passionate about North Dakota's flagship university and we understand UND is more influential and capable than NDSU. Despite NDSU's petty propaganda tactics, UND's fan base will not be disrupted; UND alumni know all too well that NDSU is not near as special as NDSU faithful are brainwashed into thinking. 

As for what I said and what you commented on, I simply agreed that NDSU would lose to Michigan State by a double-digit margin, perhaps even 35. Michigan State is a top FBS team; NDSU has never defeated a top 25 FBS team. Iowa State, even 2013 Kansas State, was not a top 25 FBS team, so get over it. Thinking NDSU is invincible is absolutely incompetent. Furthermore, thinking UND is demonstrating an inferiority complex by commenting on the team 70 miles to the south is even more idiotic. It's simply FCS football discussion, as the thread title suggests.  

Let's assess what you said and what I said, and then we can realize how foolish and idiotic everything you said was

Did you forget to do what you started out to do because you got lost attempting to look intelligent?!

Whatever happend, you accomplished neither making me look foolish or idiotic or making yourself look intelligent--exceptional failure on the latter, much like you football team!!

It's hard to swallow, isn't it?

Not within 35 huh?! You apparently don't know much about college football or football in general then.

Yep, all of our FBS wins have come against sub-par FBS teams--how about your wins against FBS teams (and I am not referring to your severasl "moral"/toe-to-toe victories). That SJSU team you got thumped by the other night?!?!? They wouldn't have kept a game against Iowa State within 35.

Yes, that's how pathetic your team is, so maybe you wanna quit bashing one that would hang a 100 on you if it really wanted to--and now, even more, I hope we do next year.

Not because of your players, but because of your POS, arrogant fanbase!!

I know PLENTY about college football as I pay almost zero attention to the NFL but am glued to the TV every Saturday. What's funny about your nasty retort to my post is that lots of folks here consider me a Bison sympathizer or some sort of Sioux Football Benedict Arnold. All I'm saying is that there is a big Big BIG difference between beating Iowa State and going to-to-toe with Michigan State.

And, yes, the Cyclones would roll UND...

Did you forget to do what you started out to do because you got lost attempting to look intelligent?!

Whatever happend, you accomplished neither making me look foolish or idiotic or making yourself look intelligent--exceptional failure on the latter, much like you football team!!

Apparently comprehending extensive reading is something you do not excel at; let me produce a summary for you so that you can understand.

You said Michigan State could not beat NDSU by 35; that's highly questionable. Bottom line, NDSU would lose. 

You said San Jose State wouldn't be able to keep a game against Iowa State within 35; that's just plain incorrect - SJSU would likely defeat Iowa State.

You said NDSU could put 100 on UND if they wanted to; NDSU hasn't scored 100 points on anyone during any of their previous 3 FCS NC seasons, so again, not going to happen.

As for what I said, Michigan State is a better team than any team NDSU has ever defeated. Also, NDSU has never defeated a top 25 FBS team. Finally, NDSU is not invincible, although your delusional fan base believes they can beat Alabama among other SEC powerhouse programs.

All in all, what I said was factual or at least worth debating whereas your comments were definitely emotionally-charged and unrealistic. It is unfortunate that you cannot realize this.  

• Upvote 1

And, yes, the Cyclones would roll UND...

Not going to argue this, because UND has yet to show they are capable of beating top FCS team, nevertheless FBS teams.  With that said, San Jose State and Iowa State are similar teams, IMO. I think San Jose State may be capable of defeating Iowa State by a couple scores. 

Look who wrote it. The guy who loves to work up UND's fanbase by playing antagonist in most every post. That post had nothing do with anything, purely to rile people up.

Actually it was relevant because it shows that the state of FCS isn't all that good. A lot of quality FCS teams have moved up already - the #9 team in FBS would most certainly give the #1 team a game. Not-so-much it seems in FCS.

And now I'm an antagonist? Why, because I don't toe the official party line with regards to the state of UND football?

And please beat RM this weekend.

And that's the only statement in all of this non-sense that matters. 

Why? Because CAS does care at some level about UND Football, just like UND fans care about NDSU Football. 

And by "care" I mean you want to play them when they are "up". Beating them when they are down as a program is not what rivalry is about. 

Actually it was relevant because it shows that the state of FCS isn't all that good. A lot of quality FCS teams have moved up already - the #9 team in FBS would most certainly give the #1 team a game. Not-so-much it seems in FCS.

And now I'm an antagonist? Why, because I don't toe the official party line with regards to the state of UND football?

Which is why 7-5 Northern Iowa only lost to ndsu by 1 last season.....

It's not an absolute and every underdog has his day (or almost has his day). What was the average margin of victory by the Bison in the playoffs last season?

I know it's only a week (or two for some) into the season, but from what I've seen of EWU, their defense couldn't stop Eden Prairie High School's offense. And they're supposed to be upper-echelon FCS?

Not going to argue this, because UND has yet to show they are capable of beating top FCS team, nevertheless FBS teams.  With that said, San Jose State and Iowa State are similar teams, IMO. I think San Jose State may be capable of defeating Iowa State by a couple scores. 

ISU would be 10 point favorites at home against SJSU according to Sarigin, but you never give weight to sarigin on anything, right?

UNI was a damb good team last year, and but for two major injuries suffered in our game, they likely would have made a deep playoff run. Also worthy of consideration is that we had 3-4 of our 5 starting OL's out for the game and, as you can tell by what we did against ISU, we kinda rely on them to create gaping holes for our RB's.  We tend the run the ball ya know?

I was in a good mood until I started reading some of this crap. 

Oh, and my anger issues are not "toward UND"; rather, to the extent I have any, they are toward arrogant UND fans. I mean, bashing our FBS wins and extrapolating how NDSU would do against Mich St. based upon a game they played against someone we haven't but is ranked in our subdivision--Pathetic, and classic arrogant UND fan that should like just stick to #butthockey issues and score comparisons!.

Give me a break already!!

40253.original-1980.jpg?fm=jpg&q=65&w=10

Don't be upset at UND's fan base because we are passionate about North Dakota's flagship university and we understand UND is more influential and capable than NDSU. Despite NDSU's petty propaganda tactics, UND's fan base will not be disrupted; UND alumni know all too well that NDSU is not near as special as NDSU faithful are brainwashed into thinking. 

If we are going to assess foolish and idiotic statements, let's assess the UND being more influential and capable comment. Was the UND game featured on ESPN Gameday as a game to pick? Were there numerous national articles published about how FBS teams shouldn't play UND because they will get beat? Were there national articles written about UND being better than 4 or 5 Big Ten teams right now with 63 schollies and supposed FCS talent? Were there articles written about how the Big 12 should invite UND if they were to expand back to 12 teams? (yes, I know NDSU will never get a Big 12 invite). Was there talk on a national stage debating if UND would be a top 25 or top 40 team in the FBS this year? Was anybody in the State of North Dakota talking about UND football this weekend (thankfully for UND the answer is no).  

The coach was fired after a miserable season and the new coach starts his career by getting blown out.

The program hasn't been so low in decades.

If you are seeing arrogance at this website, you are coming here with an agenda.

All of this...^^^^^^^^^^^

If we are going to assess foolish and idiotic statements, let's assess the UND being more influential and capable comment. Was the UND game featured on ESPN Gameday as a game to pick? Were there numerous national articles published about how FBS teams shouldn't play UND because they will get beat? Were there national articles written about UND being better than 4 or 5 Big Ten teams right now with 63 schollies and supposed FCS talent? Were there articles written about how the Big 12 should invite UND if they were to expand back to 12 teams? (yes, I know NDSU will never get a Big 12 invite). Was there talk on a national stage debating if UND would be a top 25 or top 40 team in the FBS this year? Was anybody in the State of North Dakota talking about UND football this weekend (thankfully for UND the answer is no).

The funny thing is, you don't get, at all, what the poster you responded to, was referring to. Lol.

The funny thing is, you don't get, at all, what the poster you responded to, was referring to. Lol.

You mean the "Inflential Universities" report that came out 2 weeks before the study about the value of an education that came out that stated an NDSU degree was worth $200,000 more after a certain number of years than a UND degree? And that your influential "graduates" were professional hockey players? 

You mean the "Inflential Universities" report that came out 2 weeks before the study about the value of an education that came out that stated an NDSU degree was worth $200,000 more after a certain number of years than a UND degree? And that your influential "graduates" were professional hockey players?

"Inflential". ???

If you meant flatulential, I would agree NDSU is the winner, hands down.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps I should specify; as a whole, the University of North Dakota is considered more influential and capable than NDSU by many, including UND alumni and http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/content/magazine-und-outranks-ndsu-famous-alumni-department-0 to name a couple. NDSU is quite worthy of praise when it comes to football, but universities are not centered entirely on athletics, so UND faithful will not be deterred simply because NDSU has an "almighty, scary football club". 

Perhaps I should specify; as a whole, the University of North Dakota is considered more influential and capable than NDSU by many, including UND alumni and http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/content/magazine-und-outranks-ndsu-famous-alumni-department-0 to name a couple. NDSU is quite worthy of praise when it comes to football, but universities are not centered entirely on athletics, so UND faithful will not be deterred simply because NDSU has an "almighty, scary football club".

I think the quote was "UND is 8.2 times more influential than NDSU."

He's referring to a report put out by PayScale.com with a couple glaring weaknesses reported and admitted to and by PayScale:

- It only looks at undergraduate degrees -- it does not look at alumni with graduate degrees (Med School, Law School) in their calculations

- It is using self-reported data from alumni in their surveys (no validation)

- The use a small survey size (error prone)

- The economy (world, national, regional) has significant effects on the study outcome based on degree offerings (like recent booming ag and lackluster aviation)